Updating Realtek Audio

Osmium

So is there a way to update the drivers for the Realtek onboard audio? Or is the version you have the one you are stuck with. I was looking into buying a modmic but my version of Realtek drivers(but not my motherboard) is incompatible.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Go to your motherboard makers website and update the drivers that way. They are normally kept up to date.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

What John said.

Either that or you could go here

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I was looking into buying a modmic but my version of Realtek drivers(but not my motherboard) is incompatible.

Wait, what?   How could they be incompatible?  the modmic is just a normal mic, I doubt it's incompatible with your drivers.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Wait, what?   How could they be incompatible?  the modmic is just a normal mic, I doubt it's incompatible with your drivers.

There are known incompatibilities with various onboard or discreet sound solutions and they have a list of them on their site. I have no earthly idea why that is but I don't want to buy something that won't work.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

There are known incompatibilities with various onboard or discreet sound solutions and they have a list of them on their site. I have no earthly idea why that is but I don't want to buy something that won't work.

Don't buy the 3.0 if you don't want incompatibilities.

The 3.0 has compatibility issues with certain audio drivers/chips

My modmic 1.0 doesn't work very well with the soundblaster Z - lot of noise on the line when its boosted. I don't know why they sometimes end up being incompatible but they do. Not all mics work with all sound setups.

My modmic 1.0 doesn't work very well with the soundblaster Z - lot of noise on the line when its boosted. I don't know why they sometimes end up being incompatible but they do. Not all mics work with all sound setups.

Nah, that'll happen with most cheap mics.