New Users Page

SignatureSigner
Go to solution Solved by gloop,
30 minutes ago, flashiling said:

yea, if there was a place or thread to say hello to new people, sure it would be fine in most cases, but personally i don't feel like going through every new person that joins the forum and saying hello.

No offense to new people but it would be time consuming and a bunch of those people are gonna be 1-5 post accounts anyways.

and then there's the possible problem of "my hello i'm new" thread got 0 hellos back and everyone else got atleast 3, just by unlucky timing..

idk maybe i'm over analyzing this as it could be a very rare and obscure downside to a good thing.

There is a thread for it, called ‘Welcome to the LTT Forums’. 

I think it would be cool if there was a page on the forum where it would have a list of all the recently registered users would show up and it would allow them to be welcomed to the community!

Maybe if you welcome over 50 people there would be a badge that would show up under your name that says ''Greeter” or something like that. It's an idea. :)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

while i understand the idea, i don't think me getting welcomed here by 3 or by 43 people makes a difference.

And if i found out that you got a badge for it and 40+ just typed "hello welcome to the forum" or something else like that it would just not seem genuine.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, flashiling said:

while i understand the idea, i don't think me getting welcomed here by 3 or by 43 people makes a difference.

And if i found out that you got a badge for it and 40+ just typed "hello welcome to the forum" or something else like that it would just not seem genuine.

That makes sense... I just know how it feels to be welcomed by someone when you join a new thing. :)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

This feature is actually already added tho it only shows the latest user

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

This feature is actually already added tho it only shows the latest user

Oh, ok! Didn't realize that. Thanks for telling me!

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

2 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

That makes sense... I just know how it feels to be welcomed by someone when you join a new thing. :)

yea, if there was a place or thread to say hello to new people, sure it would be fine in most cases, but personally i don't feel like going through every new person that joins the forum and saying hello.

No offense to new people but it would be time consuming and a bunch of those people are gonna be 1-5 post accounts anyways.

and then there's the possible problem of "my hello i'm new" thread got 0 hellos back and everyone else got atleast 3, just by unlucky timing..

idk maybe i'm over analyzing this as it could be a very rare and obscure downside to a good thing.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

You can see new members by using search. This is one of tools we use to watch for spammers. I don't see point of greeting new members with anything special. There's welcome thread to introduce yourself if you feel like it. Most of the people come to ask that one question and leave.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

30 minutes ago, flashiling said:

Just now, gloop said:

yea i saw LDRM mention it in another coment,

that comment was more about rare downside of one