New earbuds for travel

Emperor_Piehead

I've decided that since i'm doing a bunch of travel over the summer that I want new earbuds that sound better than my $10 generic headphones

I'm mostly looking i the range of $50-100 and okay with majority of brands 

The kind of music I listen to is that Hard Rock-Alternative Rock-Metal crossroad so bass is important to me but I do not want it to be overpowering or very heavy more like in the background but still noticeable. The guitar is the most important part to hear well in the song for me.

The Shure se215 are very clear and do not have overpowering bass it's more like what you want where its there but it's in the background I think these will be very good for you.

by looking at reviews the music quality seems to be good and the noise isolation is good and bad for me on the plane good but I like to listen to music and talk at the same time but this a great contender I want see what other people recommend also.

I've been using Creative's MA330s.

Brilliant and cheap earphones. Most importantly good bass. http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-MA330-Headset-for-Smartphones/M/B008YI2QSY.htm

I play most of my FPS games with them as well. :) Unless I'm on Teamspeak and need a headset.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Vsonic make some pretty good in ear ones i listen to a lot rock etc and find them perfect

Ok I think I'm down to the Westone UM1 and the Shure SE215. By reading reviews the UM1 seem to have a musical edge over the SE215. Now I've never had IEMs before is there anything I should know about them. I looked at Vsonic but I'm not 100% sold as not even their website has pictures of it and the brown colors look bad IMO. 

i use the Klipsch S4a while i travel. great sound overall. isolates well

I hear the Klipsch S4a  are pretty good but how comfortable are they? One of the trips i'm taking will be an 8 hour transatlantic flight and earbuds will probably my main if not only listening device

i think theyre comfortable. it comes with 3 different sized ear pieces. i could use them all day

Now what is the difference between S4a and S4a II? They look super similar and all I really see is instead of a metal carrying case a fabric one.

Ok I think I'm down to the Westone UM1 and the Shure SE215. By reading reviews the UM1 seem to have a musical edge over the SE215. Now I've never had IEMs before is there anything I should know about them. I looked at Vsonic but I'm not 100% sold as not even their website has pictures of it and the brown colors look bad IMO. 

IEMs will go around your ear and into your ear canal instead of normal earphones which go straight into your ear canal. Also they have better sound quality than regular earphones and thats mostly it.

IEMs will go around your ear and into your ear canal instead of normal earphones which go straight into your ear canal. Also they have better sound quality than regular earphones and thats mostly it.

ok got it  :)

Now what is the difference between S4a and S4a II? They look super similar and all I really see is instead of a metal carrying case a fabric one.

not sure if they sound different but they look like an upgraded version. flat cables for better tangle resistance.

not sure if they sound different but they look like an upgraded version. flat cables for better tangle resistance.

That sounds great I hate how it takes a couple minutes to untangle my earbuds

So I think I'm down to 2 choices the Shure SE215 which are IEMs and seem to have better than average build quality or the Klipsch S4a II that are a standard style earbuds, are very popular, and about $20 cheaper 

Also the Shure SE215 have a removable cable so if the cable breaks or it messes up they will send you a new one. A removable cable has already saved my butt from buying a new pair of headphones.

both are good earbuds. ive only had experience with the S4a, but ive heard good things about the SE215. which ever one you choose, it'd be a good purchase. 

yeah weird how their site doesn't have pictures, http://www.jaben.com.au/collections/vsonic/products/vsonicgr02balanced this is the one i got

I think I will go for the Shure SE215 I feel the $20 premium is worth it. Thanks to all who helped!  :D   :D   :D  

I have the RHA M450i s. They are an awesome bang for the buck. These ones are the same headphones without inline stuff. They also look pretty nice.

And they are better than some sennheiser ones for over 100 bucks. True awesomeness, in my opinion.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)