Is it time to swap my H100i GTX?

Buttefly

Hello!

as the title reads, I’m thinking of swapping it out, I’ve had it cool my 6600k since the end of 2015. It still runs perfectly but it’s starting to get old I guess, I’m swapping my 6600k for a 3700x, should I just go with the stock air cooler or use my H100i GTX again. The warranty is 5 years so it’s bout to run out.

What do you guys think?

TIA

4 minutes ago, Buttefly said:

Hello!

as the title reads, I’m thinking of swapping it out, I’ve had it cool my 6600k since the end of 2015. It still runs perfectly but it’s starting to get old I guess, I’m swapping my 6600k for a 3700x, should I just go with the stock air cooler or use my H100i GTX again. The warranty is 5 years so it’s bout to run out.

What do you guys think?

TIA

The H100i GTX would perform better than the Stock Wraith cooler, so I would use it especially if it still runs perfectly. Run it down to the ground since you own it already, and then get something else when it finally kicks the bucket and you still have to stock cooler as a backup.

9 minutes ago, Buttefly said:

Hello!

What do you guys think?

TIA

You won't have the mounting for the cpu so you'll have to be able to find that. Otherwise use it. It's better than the stock cooler. Sure that cooler will probably only last another year or 2 at max before the pump gives out but by then you can easily have saved some money for a replacement air cooler.

16 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You won't have the mounting for the cpu so you'll have to be able to find that. Otherwise use it. It's better than the stock cooler. Sure that cooler will probably only last another year or 2 at max before the pump gives out but by then you can easily have saved some money for a replacement air cooler.

The mounting hardware is easily accessible and costs 10 dollars here so that’s no prob. There’s no risk to using it till it dies then? I guess if the pump dies, my cpu will throttle superhard and I’ll notice.

1 minute ago, Buttefly said:

The mounting hardware is easily accessible and costs 10 dollars here so that’s no prob. There’s no risk to using it till it dies then? I guess if the pump dies, my cpu will throttle superhard and I’ll notice.

yes

Just now, Buttefly said:

Pretty much exactly as you said. Just keep the system at stock as well it's pretty obvious that it will die sooner rather than later. If it's only 10$ for mounting hardware go for it. Also small tip wait for ryzen 4000 it's supposed to release soon so might as well. Worst case the 3700x is cheaper.

36 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Pretty much exactly as you said. Just keep the system at stock as well it's pretty obvious that it will die sooner rather than later. If it's only 10$ for mounting hardware go for it. Also small tip wait for ryzen 4000 it's supposed to release soon so might as well. Worst case the 3700x is cheaper.

Got my R7 already, got it + ram for 300 bux sp it was worth it :)