Does a powerbank and wall charger work the same way?

PointFive

So I bought a dc coupler for my camera, and in the product description it mentions that it requires 2 USB power from a 5v 2A from a power-bank. Will it also work by using a wall charger from Samsung that has the same specification?

Thanks

Yes, a power bank outputting 5V 2A and charger outputting 5V 2A are outputting the same power. Does the charger have 2 USB ports that output 5V 2A or just one?

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

Yes, a power bank outputting 5V 2A and charger outputting 5V 2A are outputting the same power. Does the charger have 2 USB ports that output 5V 2A or just one?

was planning on using two identical charger.

41 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

As long as the powerbank or charger outputs 5V and at least 2A, it will work. But you will need two of it.

Voltage is a specific requirement. Amperage is a minimum requirement.

Your dc coupler basically wants 20W at 5V (5Vx4A or 2x5Vx4A) so you can use a single charger or powerbank that can output 5V 4A over a single port.

ah ok then thanks!

Just now, PointFive said:

was planning on using two identical charger.

As long as they are both 5V 2A, there shouldn’t be a problem using them.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

As long as they are both 5V 2A, there shouldn’t be a problem using them.

yea they aren't running, and the seller claims it has to be power bank and I'm confused whether its a faulty product or its my fault

4 minutes ago, PointFive said:

yea they aren't running, and the seller claims it has to be power bank and I'm confused whether its a faulty product or its my fault

Try charging a phone or another device with each charger to make sure they both actually work. If they do work and if your camera works with a battery, then the dc coupler is likely defective.

26 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Try charging a phone or another device with each charger to make sure they both actually work. If they do work and if your camera works with a battery, then the dc coupler is likely defective.

yea the charger works since it is still used daily, and the camera is also working. Thanks for the help!