PC randomly freezing

coneil3822

Please help me guys I dont know what else to do. My computer unexpectedly freezes. Im not running any specific programs when it freezes it will just be random. Ive asked in lots of forums and I get no reply. Please help me.How can i figure out why its freezing?

step 1 is finding out what machine you have in the first place.  If it’s a prebuilt much can be learned from just the make and model.

If it’s white box the individual parts will need to be known.

Step two is finding out what software was used.  Just because it seems random doesn’t necessarily mean it is. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

step 1 is finding out what machine you have in the first place.  If it’s a prebuilt much can be learned from just the make and model.

If it’s white box the individual parts will need to be known.

Step two is finding out what software was used.  Just because it seems random doesn’t necessarily mean it is. 

I built it myself. Honestly it happens randomly. The only programs that are open when it freezes are my browser, nzxt cams, nvidia settings and windows defender.

58 minutes ago, coneil3822 said:

I built it myself. Honestly it happens randomly. The only programs that are open when it freezes are my browser, nzxt cams, nvidia settings and windows defender.

Built it yourself means it’s a white box.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

38 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Built it yourself means it’s a white box.

Ryzen 7 3800x
GT 710
32gb 3200mhz RAM
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi Motherboard
Windows 10

A really fast 8/16 chip and a big pile of memory paired with a graphics card from 2014 that was one of the slowest lowest end offerings of that year.....  yeah there might be something there...

the 710 is a gimped 730. It runs Kepler 2.0, and it only sort of does directx12.  It’s more like a modded directX11.  If these apps you are running make directX12 calls it’s real possible this thing could look at them, hork, and die.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

A really fast 8/16 chip and a big pile of memory paired with a graphics card from 2014 that was one of the slowest lowest end offerings of that year.....  yeah there might be something there...

the 710 is a gimped 730. It runs Kepler 2.0, and it only sort of does directx12.  It’s more like a modded directX11.  If these apps you are running make directX12 calls it’s real possible this thing could look at them, hork, and die.

Right ok. Im waiting on a new GPU so i will let you know. thank you btw