Best Motherboard for 9700K?

Hello!

I have a 9700k, what motherboard should I get for it? Budget is up to around 300 euro.

I need something with good build quality and great customer support in case of problems.

I've been doing research and it seems Z390 boards are all over the place! Aorus range has good VRMs but horrible BIOS, bad support and there are A LOT of cases where a customer purchased a unit that was refurbished without knowing (eg customer opens box to find motherboard damaged).

ASUS has worse VRMs but better BIOS.

Many boards seem to also have crazy coil whine, even high end ones- something I can't stand at all!

I don't care about RGB stuff, I like minimal looks.

Will use it to play and develop games.

I won't really be overclocking the CPU as I find 9700k default speeds good for my needs.

Should I just sell the 9700k and adjust my build for next gen? Are Z490 boards better overall?

Am I overthinking it?

If you're not overclocking, VRM quality doesn't really matter all too much, especially since you're not on the top-tier CPU for your platform.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

18 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

If you're not overclocking, VRM quality doesn't really matter all too much, especially since you're not on the top-tier CPU for your platform.

Hmm, I see.

I suppose I could sacrifice VRM for less chance of coil whine and better customer support.

What do you think of the ASUS MAXIMUS HERO XI?

EDIT:

Don't know if it matters but I plan to get an RTX 3080 at some point- my goal is to game at 4k/60(or more)fps.