No more YouTube Dislikes?

Puppet

Just watching some YouTube videos and I noticed nothing has any dislikes anymore and clicking the dislike button does nothing...Are they phasing it out?

Just watching some YouTube videos and I noticed nothing has any dislikes anymore and clicking the dislike button does nothing...Are they phasing it out?

It looks like it... check that Rebecca Black video.

Well, this has dislikes - 

Edited by iisshaun

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

That video has no dislikes for me

Not sure what to think about all this, it's hard to tell whether or not a video is going to be any good as the ratio of rates to views always varies between different types of content, at least when it was likes/dislikes you get a ratio based on the people that rate them if you know what I mean.

It makes every video look amazing, which in most cases wont be a problem, but what if it's really long or a tutorial on something, I suppose they will always have the top comments but still a bit annoying.

I think this is just going to encourage more hatred in the comments!

Yeah I hope they don't get rid of them. I use a Chrome extension to show the likes/dislikes on the thumbnails of every video. Very useful.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

It looks like it... check that Rebecca Black video.

Well, this has dislikes - 

that has no dislikes for me either.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Youtube now also verified both views and like/dislikes before updating it. Wait for awhile before it will show up.

The new system started 1st of this month and now they also test dislikes before publishing because of like/dislike bots as well as view bots.

It did for me... It showed zero dislikes for a bit then after about 30 seconds it changed to 66.  Probably because it was just uploaded and that was the numbers updating.

Youtube now also verified both views and like/dislikes before updating it. Wait for awhile before it will show up.

The new system started 1st of this month and now they also test dislikes before publishing because of like/dislike bots as well as view bots.

Ah yes I see that the latest videos update after 20-30 secs, I assume they will get around to implementing this for the older videos. Thanks! :)

I still would have though it could be instantaneous instead of verifying every single time, but maybe they want to certain people to at least watch before they dislike.

The funny thing is I went around a bunch of videos hitting the dislike button wondering "why isn't this working?" oops :rolleyes: I'm sure I wasn't the only one haha

I noticed that too.

So I clicked on one vid and did not play it and it had some dislikes then i saw this thread, so i refreshed the page and notice that it had no dislikes as you are saying. Just in case your wondering it was this

. Now i went top check out the Rebecca Black vid and it had 0 dislikes!!!!!!!

I've also noticed this. Sometimes the dislikes will appear after a while, other times they wont. Has anybody else had issues where videos just wont load, or when you skip forward ahead of the buffer it will start the video over again?

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Yeah I hope they don't get rid of them. I use a Chrome extension to show the likes/dislikes on the thumbnails of every video. Very useful.

What ext.?

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers