High temperatures due to Intel Turbo Boost

Go to solution Solved by krkeshav123,
On 10/29/2020 at 12:34 AM, unclewebb said:

I had a second look at your log file. Your Nvidia GPU is being limited to 64°C. Looks like some update has set the GPU thermal throttling temperature to a super low value. You can thank Lenovo for this. Unless you can find and install an older BIOS version, this problem is not going to go away.

The system is working fine now. I just had to change my BIOS settings to performance mode to do that. I think Lenovo sneaked this option after BIOS update. Well, I am getting stable FPS, but still after like 1 minute of gameplay the Turbo Boost is turned off automatically and maximum GPU temp is now 67 C instead of 64 C. Can't ask for more now. 

Thanks to @Samfisher and special thanks to @unclewebb

33 minutes ago, krkeshav123 said:

Can't ask for more now.

You can always ask for more!

Did you try adjusting your turbo power limits in the TPL window? Do you want to see if there is still some more performance available or do you want to quit now before you break something?

I would increase the long term turbo power limit and I would check the FIVR Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits box. If you are interested in going further, after making these changes, turn on the Log File option in ThrottleStop and go play a game for 15 minutes. Attach a new log to your next post.