Next Gen Consoles should have FOV Sliders

I want to get the opinion from the community, as well as pose the question that field of View (FOV) sliders should be required for most games going into next gen. I have read and experienced to narrow FOV in Destiny 2 on console locked in at a 70 ish degree FOV. Locking FOV in consoles was done in order to maintain the also locked 30 FPS and make sure that the game could successfully maintain asset streaming without losing quality and giving the player a bad experience. The next Gen consoles, especially the Xbox series X have more than enough power to run games at higher resolutions, at higher frame rates, with with a higher FOV. Next Gen Consoles to a certain extent are no longer a large bottleneck to game design and games that offer the wider FOV are much more desirable to play In my opinion. My question to the community is, Do you think that next gen should/will have FOV sliders and why/why not ?

The problem is that increasing the FOV decreases the performance.  If you increase the FOV when a game is locked at 30 fps, it is very possible the game is going to run even lower than 30 fps.  For most console players, 30 fps is playable to them.  Maybe they should allow you to increase FOV if you are playing games at 1080p or 1440p locked 60 fps.  It would still be playable if the game is running at 50 fps but people will complain about performance.  I cannot play games lower than 60 fps.     

16 minutes ago, Joseph Eden1234 said:

Do you think that next gen should/will have FOV sliders and why/why not ?

I don’t think they will have it

Developers ( and probably players too because selling consoles with sub 30fps gameplay is probably difficult) want stable performance with only few variating parameters for easier optimization 

also a certain FOV could be to give you a certain experience that would be destroyed if a variable FOV would be available 

there are just more important features than a FOV 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Just now, Drama Lama said:

( and probably players too because selling consoles with sub 30fps gameplay is probably difficult) 

I remember when console players would shout "30fps is all the eye can see" and "it's more cinematic" when PC players were touting the benefits of 60fps.  How the world has changed, amirite?

7 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

I don’t think they will have it

Developers ( and probably players too because selling consoles with sub 30fps gameplay is probably difficult) want stable performance with only few variating parameters for easier optimization 

also a certain FOV could be to give you a certain experience that would be destroyed if a variable FOV would be available 

there are just more important features than a FOV 

Are they not using dynamic resolutions to keep the perf in 30fps?