Had a static screen in Windows boot, is this a sign of hardware damage?

Ishit Singh

I just experienced voltage fluctuations where my lights were so dim due to low voltage and then suddenly went back to normal or even brighter then how they used to in probably under 3-5 seconds. Right when this was happening my PC was in middle of boot where then I noticed wide band of static white screen instead of boot logo.

I enabled Windows 10 WHQL in BIOS and so my boot time only takes around 3-5 sec so I didn't had much time to react or take any pictures of the static screen.

Since my PC costs fortune I'm worried that this event probably caused some hardware damage. So far I don't see that static screen while booting anymore nor I see any difference in benchmark results but I'm still worried and not quite sure what caused it to appear.

All of this happened in such a short amount of time that I couldn't even react.

Is this a permanent damage to GPU or is it even GPU related at all, did something else caused static screen to appear?

My monitor is Samsung C27F591 and my displayport cable is Accell B142C-007B-2 VESA Certified.

Edit- Here are examples of white static screens when running games, sorry for potato quality.

1600886813414.thumb.jpg.2f5d98e90af18a96fa873dd5d7c8aaa1.jpg1600886318195.thumb.jpg.23bf51aeb51b633ebd7dac88d8bcc52e.jpg

1 minute ago, Red_Fox_1293 said:

try cmos reset, and maybe check a dual bios if motherboard supports. probs not gpu

I was just about to edit my post because I just saw white static screen again when I ran Deus Ex Mankind Divided. The static screen appears randomly and only for 1-2 seconds.

I hope its motherboard issue and not GPU but everything is leading towards GPU and I can't seem to reproduce because the static screen appearance is so random.

5 minutes ago, Red_Fox_1293 said:

do you have latest drivers? still try that cmos reset

Yes I do have latest driver and this time my entire screen turned into static white screen when running a game for half a second, this never used to happen before.

cmos reset. take the little coin cell battery out if you don't have a button that says cmos reset or cmos

14 minutes ago, Red_Fox_1293 said:

cmos reset. take the little coin cell battery out if you don't have a button that says cmos reset or cmos

If nothing works out I'll reset cmos as my last option. Here's a picture of static screen i'm experiencing when opening games

1600886318195.thumb.jpg.0ca41937ee0bd52da797c8320f950db5.jpg

1 minute ago, Red_Fox_1293 said:

no idea, how many watts is ur power supply

It's Cooler Master 750w PSU

yup try cmos reset and if that doesn't work then try different monitor/cable if that doesn't work try different graphics card