Throwing away old computers -> take all you want

fishy

but to disappoint you, it's only old stuff :D

so, the school i went to years ago, is getting rid of old computers, some date back to 92'

the IT teacher tho, told me i can take anything i want, so i said sure, i'll come by and take a look!

i went there today and checked it out, first was O.o and then i started looking around

the stuff i so old that i don't even know if it's any good or not

but i narrowed down to 1 particular cpu that would be better than the old P4 i had in my old rig, so i figured, i might as well swap those since i can and maybe take few ram sticks and hdds if he'll allow it

so i'm posting pics here, so you can tell me if i missed something, or if you see anything of interest and you live near me (central europe) and you really really want it, i can take some stuff for you probably and give it to you, you'd just pay for shipping

p.s.

that cpu, i was thinking i'd swap the intel P4 1.8ghz with celeron d 2.66ghz (moar jigahertzs!) and the socket is the same, tho i have many boards to choose :D

would that be a smart move?

and i was thinking of taking some hdds, mind you that the largest is 60gb :D and all are IDE, but that's ok, there was also a mountain of IDE cables

but will see if he'll allow it since it's hdds... :P

and the gpu in the old comp is some ati saphire 128mb,and as i remember there weren't many gpus with more ram, but that doesn't always mean that's it's worse?

didn't pay much attention to those since i wansn't sure what kind of gpu i have in the old comp :D

there are loads of cpus, the pics are just of those that i found that are different from 1 another

pics:

http://imgur.com/a/xToZw#0

p.p.s.

sorry if it's wrong section, but wasn't sure if i'd post somewhere in hardware, but then where? it's a bit of everything! :D

or the workbench, but it says "new builds and planning" and this is anything but new :D

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Cant see pics. They aren't public.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

but to disappoint you, it's only old stuff :D

so, the school i went to years ago, is getting rid of old computers, some date back to 92'

the IT teacher tho, told me i can take anything i want, so i said sure, i'll come by and take a look!

i went there today and checked it out, first was O.o and then i started looking around

the stuff i so old that i don't even know if it's any good or not

but i narrowed down to 1 particular cpu that would be better than the old P4 i had in my old rig, so i figured, i might as well swap those since i can and maybe take few ram sticks and hdds if he'll allow it

so i'm posting pics here, so you can tell me if i missed something, or if you see anything of interest and you live near me (central europe) and you really really want it, i can take some stuff for you probably and give it to you, you'd just pay for shipping

p.s.

that cpu, i was thinking i'd swap the intel P4 1.8ghz with celeron d 2.66ghz (moar jigahertzs!) and the socket is the same, tho i have many boards to choose :D

would that be a smart move?

and i was thinking of taking some hdds, mind you that the largest is 60gb :D and all are IDE, but that's ok, there was also a mountain of IDE cables

but will see if he'll allow it since it's hdds... :P

and the gpu in the old comp is some ati saphire 128mb,and as i remember there weren't many gpus with more ram, but that doesn't always mean that's it's worse?

didn't pay much attention to those since i wansn't sure what kind of gpu i have in the old comp :D

there are loads of cpus, the pics are just of those that i found that are different from 1 another

pics:

http://unicornridingrainbow.imgur.com/all/

p.p.s.

sorry if it's wrong section, but wasn't sure if i'd post somewhere in hardware, but then where? it's a bit of everything! :D

or the workbench, but it says "new builds and planning" and this is anything but new :D

you should totally make your pics available to the public :D

Yup, I will take the systems of your hands.

Quote me to get a reply!

I live in Switzerland, could you ship here if I see anything interesting (please make images public)?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

edited post, it's ok now (i think :D), first time using that site since i wanted to just copy all images from folder

my bad :/

Wait, can WE take all we want? :D

that's what i ws told

but i'm cautiously optimistic :D

he said it's going to the trash else if no1 takes it

edited post, it's ok now (i think :D), first time using that site since i wanted to just copy all images from folder

my bad :/

If you live in Toronto I will be willing to take most of it off your hands.

Quote me to get a reply!

that's what i ws told

I will gladly take any motherboards. CPU or not :)

I will gladly take any motherboards. CPU or not :)

most of mobos have cpus in it, just heatsinks were taken off

that's what i ws told

Ill take it if you live in NY, but not the citty

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

can u ship near Chicago I'll take whatever you can give me.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

i live in central europe :/

dunno what would the costs be to ship overseas, but if we can figure out some way to ship it, i see no problem with it, just i know i wouldn't be paying for shipment :D

omg I sooooo wish this was in the USA. I would pay for shipping for all the oldest stuff, namely the 386 and 486 class stuff.

Since it isnt, I feel I must tell you there is a market for the oldest stuff, a big one, on ebay.  I spent $50 shipped for a 386 motherboard just like that one shipped from the ukraine... you really should get the whole thing and sell it all on ebay for like 15 plus shipping to usa costs... you'd make mint.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

i live in central europe :/

dunno what would the costs be to ship overseas, but if we can figure out some way to ship it, i see no problem with it, just i know i wouldn't be paying for shipment :D

Any old keyboards like IBM ones or Acer? I'll take those mainly and pay for shipping. I'll take some of the old processors and motherboards though maybe.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

omg I sooooo wish this was in the USA. I would pay for shipping for all the oldest stuff, namely the 386 and 486 class stuff.

Since it isnt, I feel I must tell you there is a market for the oldest stuff, a big one, on ebay.  I spent $50 shipped for a 386 motherboard just like that one shipped from the ukraine... you really should get the whole thing and sell it all on ebay for like 15 plus shipping to usa costs... you'd make mint.

will see if he'll let me take all, maybe wouldn't be a bad idea if i would be able to store it somewhere where it isn't in my way :D

i also tought that old ones would already have some collector value :D

Any old keyboards like IBM ones or Acer? I'll take those mainly and pay for shipping. I'll take some of the old processors and motherboards though maybe.

hmmmm

he said there are some old monitors, like black and white old

but in another room and didn't check that one yet, maybe there are some other pheripherals in there also, tho, the time i went to that school, we had some ugly cheap black keyboards, dunno if it was dell or ibm or something, but those were cheap and abundant :D

i got time till monday to make up my mind, after that, all that's left is going to trash

hmmmm

he said there are some old monitors, like black and white old

but in another room and didn't check that one yet, maybe there are some other pheripherals in there also, tho, the time i went to that school, we had some ugly cheap black keyboards, dunno if it was dell or ibm or something, but those were cheap and abundant :D

i got time till monday to make up my mind, after that, all that's left is going to trash

and like 3 old GPU's and possibly a PSU.

and like 3 old GPU's and possibly a PSU.

max psu i think was 350W or something like that

gpus, beside that 8 that are in the pic, there weren't really many i think that would fit "newer" mobos

Well I can see why they threw it out.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.