Case Recommendations - High End Gaming / Video Editing

K12Tech

Howdy folks,

Looking to build a high-end gaming rig from scratch as my first build, and hoping you can confirm or provide alternates to my thoughts on a case purchase.  I don't mind paying a bit of a premium for quality and future-proofing.

Background: Looking at a Ryzen 3900X build (or similar high-end AMD processor after October press release) with an ATX motherboard such as a Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master, and a 3080-series graphics card, with a couple of M.2 SSD's on the motherboard.

Primary objectives with a case are strong cooling/airflow (thinking an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 mm AIO for the processor), plenty of room to build, easy access to clean dust filters, and easy-access USB-C connection for VR.  I don't care a bit about RGB, and am probably happier with a case that doesn't have RGB.  This will be my first build in ~ 20 years, so I'm also looking for a case that has plenty of room and makes things simple.

Currently I'm leaning toward a Lian-Li O11 Dynamic XL case, and am hoping you can either confirm that as a great choice or provide a better alternative given my requirements.  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, K12Tech said:

Primary objectives with a case are strong cooling/airflow (thinking an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 mm AIO for the processor), plenty of room to build, easy access to clean dust filters, and easy-access USB-C connection for VR.  I don't care a bit about RGB, and am probably happier with a case that doesn't have RGB.  This will be my first build in ~ 20 years, so I'm also looking for a case that has plenty of room and makes things simple.

Phanteks P500a has topped GamersNexus' thermal testing in their round-up of the best airflow cases for 2020. It comes in both RGB and non-RGB and checks every box on your list. 

phanteks p500a noise normalized

I've heard the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic is an excellent case.  You do have to add your own fans though.