Dead GTX 1080ti , PCB damage.

invalidfunction

I was playing ck3 on my PC and then it suddenly turned off. After that it wouldn't turn on if i unplugged the GPU the PC booted up fine.

Unfortunately the GPU is out of warranty so I can't RMA it and I have no option of paid repair (from gigabyte).

So I was wondering if there was any way to get it working ?

1287075768_IMAGE2020-09-21182407.jpg.f336f2b59415fc42a2c3310c0b122609.jpgThe damage is the top left of the image, on the backside of the GPU.

The GPU in question is Gigabyte Gaming oc gtx 1080ti.spacer.pngspacer.png

If a higher quality image is required please comment.

4 minutes ago, Diyrt said:

So I was wondering if there was any way to get it working ?

First of all, without inspecting the whole PCB, there's no good reason to assume that that damaged corner would be the reason for it to suddenly die. Secondly, do you have the tools and skills to solder SMD-size components, plus a source to get replacement-components from? If not, then no, there is pretty much no way for you to get it working.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

16 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

First of all, without inspecting the whole PCB, there's no good reason to assume that that damaged corner would be the reason for it to suddenly die. Secondly, do you have the tools and skills to solder SMD-size components, plus a source to get replacement-components from? If not, then no, there is pretty much no way for you to get it working.

I can definitely upload a picture of the full PCB, however my soldering skills are certainly not adequate for this level of repair perhaps i could contact a local repair shop or something, however i want to know something about the condition of the GPU or else i would risk getting duped at the repair shop.https://www.dropbox.com/s/nodk08wz2erxcg5/IMG_0981.jpeg?dl=0