So who has made the best cards this time?

Ebony Falcon

Hey guys iv watched a bit load of videos so far on the 3080’s but they all seem to perform the same hitting 1950 average with basically no oc gains 

are there any that stand out in particular it terms of cooling or performance

i like the look of the evga ftw3 but don’t no the difference between the gaming and the ultra 

does any one ? 

the msi trio looks shit this time round 

the tuf looks really good so I assume the strix will be better ? 

dump me reviews I may have missed pls :) 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

15 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Hey guys iv watched a bit load of videos so far on the 3080’s but they all seem to perform the same hitting 1950 average with basically no oc gains 

i like the look of the evga ftw3 but don’t no the difference between the gaming and the ultra 

does any one ? 

May be better to wait other releases, maybe with future BIOS update the power target/limit will be higher on 3rd party cards and (for example) Asus could push it only on the higher end models or something like that

I have only watched GamersNexus reviews/live streaming and they are pretty much the same

the founders edition cards have slightly better core clocks i believe 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

appearantly tuf is the best, but the strix isnt out yet

theres no margin for strix to be better at prem

1 hour ago, dfsgsfa said:

appearantly tuf is the best, but the strix isnt out yet

theres no margin for strix to be better at prem

yeah from the reviews I've seen the Asus tuf rtx 3080 has the best thermals. Whether or not that translates to better OC I'm not sure. 

3 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Not really. The FE is currently the hottest running, but that's still only 3°c difference, and nowhere near thermal throttling limits.

does any one ? 

Gaming is "stock", ultra is overclocked by default.

All the AIB boards do, with the TUF being the least shit. The FE is beautiful.

Don't assume. Wait for reviews.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

2 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

appearantly tuf is the best

The EVGA is better, but only marginally. From best to worst of all AIB cards, performance delta is negligible, and thermal delta is about 6°c from best to worst, with the TUF right in the middle. The TUF is the least ugly AIB card though.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

So far the ASUS TUF is well-liked because it has a balance of good features at a nice price. It is the only MSRP card ($699) with a 375W power limit and a pretty nice cooler.

It remains to be seen if the "high end" air-cooled AIB cards will be worth it for anything more than cosmetics. Tech Jesus had an EVGA FTW3 with 3x8-pins, fans at 100%, etc and was more or less making the same performance as every other card.

Current build: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ASUS PRIME X570-Pro, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra, G.Skill 2x16GB 3600C16 DDR4, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, Sabrent Rocket 1TB, Corsair RM750x, Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, LG 27GL83A-B