Using rgb fans on a corsair h100i v2

I am looking into changing the fans on my cooler. I am currently looking at a pair of sp 120 pro rgb fans. In order to get the rgb working I need to hook them up to a corsair lightning node so the fans cant be connected to my aio. Can corsair icue setup fan curves that are dependent on cpu temps to solve this problem?

Yes connect the fans to the block. Make sure the usb wire is connect from the block to the usb header. Connect the rgb wires from the fans to the node. You'll be a able the control the rgb lighting, fan speed, and pump speed in icue. Although pump speed options are limited with only a high and low option.

There are some finicky things if you mb is an Asus mother board. Some game anti cheat software (mostly valve games) and apps will conflict with icue. Forcing you to close the front end of the icue software. 99% of the time this isn't an issue but sometimes it causes fan speed not to adjust. But fixable with a reboot and opening icue. Just an fyi

5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Yes connect the fans to the block. Make sure the usb wire is connect from the block to the usb header. Connect the rgb wires from the fans to the node. You'll be a able the control the rgb lighting, fan speed, and pump speed in icue. Although pump speed options are limited with only a high and low option.

There are some finicky things if you mb is an Asus mother board. Some game anti cheat software (mostly valve games) and apps will conflict with icue. Forcing you to close the front end of the icue software. 99% of the time this isn't an issue but sometimes it causes fan speed not to adjust. But fixable with a reboot and opening icue. Just an fyi

I've notice this when I play valorant. But I think the sp120 fans connect directly to a node with a single wire. They don't have a separate rgb wire

16 minutes ago, DeagleMaster said:

I've notice this when I play valorant. But I think the sp120 fans connect directly to a node with a single wire. They don't have a separate rgb wire

They do all corsairs addressable rgb fans do. Rgb pro, hd, ll ,ect are all 2 wire and will connect mostly the same. 

If you want a single hub for everything to connect you'll need a commander pro which can connect 6 fans, 2 rgb port ( can use the rgb hub that comes with packs of fan or lighting node pro on each to expand the lighting farther ( all individual LEDs are still controllable like this)), and temp probe sensors with probes that you can put wherever and set fan profiles to based on those temps. All done in icue

The sp120 pro rgb works the way I described is because they are 3 pin so they can connect to the block so you don't need a commander pro. 

I made a mistake. You want 4pin fans not 3 pin. They connect to the block just fine