OnePlus Nord or Huawei P30 Pro?

davidrf

Would you buy a OnePlus Nord for 400€/$ or a Huawei P30 Pro for about 450€/$? I'm talking about brand new for both phones.

The Huawei P30 Pro is a phone that came out more than a year before the OnePlus Nord, but I think it is still a better phone with faster CPU, better cameras, and it can still be a very good phone for the next two years.

BUT I have to consider the P30 Pro won't get as many updates as the OnePlus and could have a battery that's not anymore at 100% health how it was when it was manufactured. 

What would you choose?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16GB PC 3200 F4-3200C16D-32GIS  | GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 4070 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Cooling: Thermalright PA 120 SE

2 hours ago, davidrf said:

Would you buy a OnePlus Nord for 400€/$ or a Huawei P30 Pro for about 450€/$? I'm talking about brand new for both phones.

The Huawei P30 Pro is a phone that came out more than a year before the OnePlus Nord, but I think it is still a better phone with faster CPU, better cameras, and it can still be a very good phone for the next two years.

BUT I have to consider the P30 Pro won't get as many updates as the OnePlus and could have a battery that's not anymore at 100% health how it was when it was manufactured. 

What would you choose?

Neither, would take the 4a or the iPhone SE. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

6 hours ago, davidrf said:

What would you choose?

OnePus Nord. Never mind that the P30 Pro is a year-old phone -- the US trade ban means it likely won't be getting updates from here on out (there was an exemption that allowed them, but that appears to be over). Yeah, the P30 Pro has the better cameras and should be faster, but the Nord is good enough and even has advantages like a 90Hz display.

Despite huilun02's claims, updates do matter. You do get new features that won't come through Google Play Services or apps. And just as you buy insurance hoping you'll never have to use it, it's important to get security updates while hoping you'll never be attacked.

I would choose the p30 pro. Simply because that 90hz screen is easily outweighed by the better looking screen, speed and cameras.

While updates are good to have, they aren't that important. Your phone is not suddenly going to get faster. Moreover you're only getting a year more of updates in the nord compared to the p30 pro.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:43 PM, davidrf said:

What would you choose?

It depends upon your view about Huawei. If you are fine with buying Huawei phones, then go for it as P30 prois a great phone with better cameras, a 2k screen and it is a flagship which the nord isn't. But, if you don't wanna buy a phone from Huawei, then buy the Oneplus nord.