How much would you pay for...

Realistically, how much are you really willing to pay for a 2gb rx460 nowadays? I'm seeing them go for upwards of 100 on ebay, but is that really worth it?

Fyi, trying to build a pc for a friend on a 150 dollat budget. Able to max out skyrim remastered. This is a system based inside of a low wattage Lenovo. 

You can definitely max out skyrim at 1080p, but I'd recommend a $200 budget. If you start adding a bunch of high quality mods I'll retract that statement though. An RX480 is likely worth maybe $50. Then I'd get an Intel Pentium Gold G6400 and compatible motherboard, that'll be around $120-130. Find a used PSU and case for maybe $10-15, then you just need a single stick of DDR4 and you should be set.

This is assuming you have a hard drive set aside.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

13 hours ago, Lord Bloobus said:

You can definitely max out skyrim at 1080p, but I'd recommend a $200 budget. If you start adding a bunch of high quality mods I'll retract that statement though. An RX480 is likely worth maybe $50. Then I'd get an Intel Pentium Gold G6400 and compatible motherboard, that'll be around $120-130. Find a used PSU and case for maybe $10-15, then you just need a single stick of DDR4 and you should be set.

This is assuming you have a hard drive set aside.

So far I have a old Lenovo, with an i3 2120 and a 180w psu (lmao). At this point idk if it's even fully power the rx 460. 

I have another motherboard and CPU that isn't proprietary, but it's an older fm1 amd a8-3850 quadcore, not sure which is better overall. But that option would for sure power the card.

https://www.cnet.com/products/amd-a8-3850/specs/

Edited by Void_Viking

Those won't be able to do it sadly. You're gonna want a 450w psu, and those parts I listed. I really wouldn't try to find a previous gen board since if you come into money it's still on the same socket as current gen, and you won't need to replace everything. I'd just try and save for those pieces and scrounge for some nice deals on ram, case, and psu. You really want to be on a DDR4 platform because DDR3 is almost more expensive since it's outdated, and like I said, it offers an upgrade path.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus