What will happen to the free game that comes with the 3080.

Nvidia is giving away watch dogs legion with every purchase of an rtx 3080 card. This offer lasts until the 29 of October. To redeem it you have to have the card installed in your PC. What will nvidia do with this in regards to the massive shortage? I was able to get a 3080 on backorder but likely won't receive it untill the end of October or start of November. Is there a history of nvidia dealing with similar things in the past or will people just not get the game?

I would hope that they will extend the promo, but if they decide not to, there really is nothing that you can do.  I would think that a company would be aware of supply and demand and tailor promotions around them.  Or, if they are being particularly mercenary, it could be exactly why the promo ends then. They give away some copies and look like they are doing a good thing, while not having to supply all that many due to card constraints.

11 minutes ago, DeagleMaster said:

Nvidia is giving away watch dogs legion with every purchase of an rtx 3080 card. This offer lasts until the 29 of October. To redeem it you have to have the card installed in your PC. What will nvidia do with this in regards to the massive shortage? I was able to get a 3080 on backorder but likely won't receive it untill the end of October or start of November. Is there a history of nvidia dealing with similar things in the past or will people just not get the game?

I would imagine something like this they would make it based on the date of the order confirmation? Whoever ordered before that date will get one. Anything listed in the terms and conditions of the offer? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

14 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I would imagine something like this they would make it based on the date of the order confirmation? Whoever ordered before that date will get one. Anything listed in the terms and conditions of the offer? 

In order to claim the game, you have to install the card in your PC and go into geforce experience where you will get your code. So if you don't have the card physically, you won't be able to claim the game

8 minutes ago, DeagleMaster said:

In order to claim the game, you have to install the card in your PC and go into geforce experience where you will get your code. So if you don't have the card physically, you won't be able to claim the game

What they're not just providing codes at checkout or in the box? Thought they did, at least that's what they did with the Arkham city when I bought my 550Ti. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Nothing. Because only reseller got the 3080.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

If you read the offer it does specifically say "while stocks last" which seems a bit of a cop out but sadly par for the course with offers.

So even if you got one, if they run out of allocations of game codes you might not get the game.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

5 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If you read the offer it does specifically say "while stocks last" which seems a bit of a cop out but sadly par for the course with offers.

So even if you got one, if they run out of allocations of game codes you might not get the game.

I really don't understand the decision Nvidia has made with this launch. The card has the biggest generational leap we have seen in a long time. They really didn't have to spoil all the good will by going so anti consumer.  

Watchdogs 2 is free on Epic Store at the moment too.

Good time to be a Watchdogs fan if they also give Legions away with the new 3080.

21 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Watchdogs 2 is free on Epic Store at the moment too.

Good time to be a Watchdogs fan if they also give Legions away with the new 3080.

But wasn't watch dogs 2 free recently

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

But wasn't watch dogs 2 free recently

Recently when?

You mean like not too long ago?

I don't know, mate.

I just know Watchdogs 2 is currently free on the Epic Store. 

2 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Recently when?

You mean like not too long ago?

I don't know, mate.

I just know Watchdogs 2 is currently free on the Epic Store. 

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft gave it to every Ubisoft account as long as you entered a site, it was originaly planned to be to those who watched ubi forward but their system broke (not surprised)

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft gave it to every Ubisoft account as long as you entered a site, it was originaly planned to be to those who watched ubi forward but their system broke (not surprised)

Oh, I don't know about that, mate.

I just know it's free on the Epic Store for a short period of time.