Is it not possible to reinstall windows on a old laptop?

Helpful Tech Witch

I have a old laptop with windows 7, and want to reinstall windows on it. I can seem to use the key though. I go to the windows 7 disc imagte creator, but then, but then i got a error along the lines of you can't use this, contact your device manufacturer. Now, i just get a "

Error

We encountered a problem processing your request. Please try again later."

Can you help me?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

i would find a windows 7 iso and use rufus or Diskpart its built in to windows to make a bootable usb drive to reinstall windows. See if that works and trouble shoot from that point.

here is a link for using diskpart https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln153364/create-a-bootable-usb-flash-drive-using-the-diskpart-utility?lang=en

Once you do this next step is extract the files from the windows 7 iso and just copy them to the drive and done see if it boots.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

you can get the ISO for your windows 7 here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485

this is the tool I usually use to make bootable USB/DVDs for old windows

once you have the ISO and the tool just open the tool and select the ISO, select the USB or DVD and hit go. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

8 minutes ago, Hackintoshx said:

i would find a windows 7 iso and use rufus or Diskpart its built in to windows to make a bootable usb drive to reinstall windows. See if that works and trouble shoot from that point.

I cont get the iso...... For windows 7, you have to enter the key to get the iso.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, GhostRoadieBL said:

you can get the ISO for your windows 7 here

You have to enter the windows 7 key to get the iso, and thats where i was getting the problems.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

You have to enter the windows 7 key to get the iso, and thats where i was getting the problems.

ah, your key is probably still active on the system, you can go through the phone windows key reset to allow it to be used. it's painful but just takes typing the key into the robot phone on the other end. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

29 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

ah, your key is probably still active on the system, you can go through the phone windows key reset to allow it to be used. it's painful but just takes typing the key into the robot phone on the other end. 

Like one of these numbers?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers

Or is it something else?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

i see i miss understood the issue i do apologize i forgot you could use your key to get windows iso from microsoft. sadly Ghost is right you have to use phone system. only other way to get an iso is torrenting which is a thing of its self or googling for one and like the torrent hope it's safe. But best bet is phone system i would say

It's old system anyway. If is still working, leave it as is and use it. If you have any problems with your system, describe them and we can try to help.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

It's old system anyway. If is still working, leave it as is and use it. If you have any problems with your system, describe them and we can try to help.

The CPU is just gummed up with backround processes, and has a bunch of shit that isnt mine. My grandfather gave it to me, and its pinned at 50% on desktop, one tab of chrome puts it at like 80%.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Then uninstall shit that isn't yours and disable unwanted startup applications using Autoruns. You don't must build new home when your old needs only cleaning.