Changing to new m.2/ssd do I still need new microsoft windows?

Leroc

Hello, I'd like to know guys if I'm changing my m.2/ssd within the same PC do I need a new microsoft window license? or I can just use my old one? not planning to change motherboard though

no,you dont need a new license....the key will be tied with the hardware.....

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

Just now, TheCoverUp said:

no,you dont need a new license....the key will be tied with the hardware.....

how does it work? this is actually my 1st time doing this. Will it detect the license the moment I reinstall my windows?

Just now, Leroc said:

how does it work? this is actually my 1st time doing this. Will it detect the license the moment I reinstall my windows?

most of the time yes....

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

I'd just suggest to create a Microsoft account and then bind the key to the account. This way you can take your license with you if you ever change your hardware.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

I'd just suggest to create a Microsoft account and then bind the key to the account. This way you can take your license with you if you ever change your hardware.

So if there's PC device on the my microsoft account does that mean my PC is bind to it already?

5 minutes ago, Leroc said:

So if there's PC device on the my microsoft account does that mean my PC is bind to it already?

You have to go into windows activation settings and somewhere in there you have to manually klick on something to bind the key to your microsoft account.

If you created the account while installing windows the last time it should automatically have binded it to the account afaik.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

You have to go into windows activation settings and somewhere in there you have to manually klick on something to bind the key to your microsoft account.

If you created the account while installing windows the last time it should automatically have binded it to the account afaik.

ok thank you! I found it