Another 1440p 144hz IPS topic- my monitor finally is dying.

Splashboy3

Howdy folks---,  it's only been 3 years since i bought my Monoprice 144hz 1440P TN Panel (T12N-270ED) and i've noticed

it's getting random huge screen tearing every so often on games, and even just waving the mouse around on the desktop.

Back in 2017 I was looking for the same specs, 1440p/144hz/IPS/1ms, but everything that ticked those boxes was $1000+

LLT has reviewed so many monitors over the years that always come close to what I want, but so many reviews are BURIED and googling what I want into google for monitors-- I just can't trust.

Looking to spend around $500. Not really brand loyal but I need something that is gonna last with great color accuracy. If this isn't possible in my price range, i'd love some suggestions.

5 minutes ago, Splashboy3 said:

Looking to spend around $500. Not really brand loyal but I need something that is gonna last with great color accuracy.

LG 27GL850-B or ASUS VG27AQ - they're both very well regarded and seem to fit your criteria.

Here's Rtings' reviews on both of them:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gl850-b

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/tuf-vg27aq

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Thanks a bunch mate! Any comparisons between them you could offer/which you would go with? 

14 minutes ago, Splashboy3 said:

Thanks a bunch mate! Any comparisons between them you could offer/which you would go with? 

I haven't used either of them, so I can't say I've got much in the way of personal experience with them, but just going by the reviews and what I've seen, I'd say it's a matter of which one looks nicer to you and/or which one is less expensive for you locally.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC