New mid-range phone in 2020: Note9, A71 or ... OnePlus Nord

The_Hawkeye

So, I'm in need for a new phone and I've roughly 400 euro's to spend. For that money I can get -in Belgium*- a Note9 (Exynos) or a A71(Snapdragon 730). Why one of those two? Because I really would like to keep the headphone jack for my QC25 when I travel abroad (out of covid times, 20% of my time). But I'm really torn on which one to get:

• the Note 9 is feature packed, but will 'soon' run out of Android (security) updates
  • the A71 has just gotten extended support for Samsung, but is the lesser phone performance wise 

Or should I just accept that the headphone jack is dead and go for a Oneplus Nord?

*PS: I need an official invoice for my work, so going online to some web-shop for a grey import, is not an option.

For what its worth...

My EXYNOS Note9 does not stutter or lag in any way..

Except in Summer (Australia) when playing Games or zrunning Benchmarks

For the most part, its as flagship still....as its ever been.

Ive got 3900 out of 4000mah battery after TWO years of bad charging practices.

It looks bad when its side by side to Snapdragon ones, but for everyday uses, youd hardly know the difference.

Exynos 9810 is basically vs the previous Snapdragon not the one it gets released next to.

So.. Exynos 9810,vs Snapdragon 845 is legit, not 855.

I use is primarily as a media consumption device and its SO good for that.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

7 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

pixel 4a?

Not officially available in Belgium, can drive south to France in order to buy one, but then the invoice becomes a discussion point 😞