Can't Format Drive

Darkroe

I just bought a Team MP33 NVMe 1TB SSD. I tried formatting it in gpt, but that failed, and sometimes succeeded, but when it succeeded it reported back 2048GB, and when it failed it listed the drive's proper storage capacity of ~950GB, and sometimes it wouldn't format and was listed at 1023MB. I am at a loss of what to do. I have tried editing BIOS settings. I have tried re-seating the SSD. Nothing works.I even tried reinstalling the NVMe driver.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? I don't want to RMA it only to have the same issues again.

For reference, my system: 
Ryzen 5 1600
Team 32GB 3000MHz RAM

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

52 minutes ago, Darkroe said:

I just bought a Team MP33 NVMe 1TB SSD. I tried formatting it in gpt, but that failed, and sometimes succeeded, but when it succeeded it reported back 2048GB, and when it failed it listed the drive's proper storage capacity of ~950GB, and sometimes it wouldn't format and was listed at 1023MB. I am at a loss of what to do. I have tried editing BIOS settings. I have tried re-seating the SSD. Nothing works.I even tried reinstalling the NVMe driver.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? I don't want to RMA it only to have the same issues again.

Sure sounds like a broken drive and not a software-issue. You could still make a bootable Ubuntu Linux USB-stick and test the drive there as well, just to make sure.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.