G-Sync (compatible?) 1440p 144Hz+ Monitor

Hitman3003x

Hello all! 

Since I have the plans to upgrade my GTX1080Ti to brand-new RTX3080, I think new display is a must (my current monitor is 7-years old BENQ XL2411T 1080p@144Hz). 

Past few days I've been thinking about both resolution and refresh rate; recently I came up with conclusion that my needs are: 

• WQHD 2560x1440p, 
  • 144Hz+ (could be 165/180); whereas 240Hz would be overkill IMO (too expensive while being too minor improvement), 
  • ideally 27-inch, 
  • G-Sync or G-Sync Compatible technology. 

Now, I did some research on both G-Sync and G-Sync Compatible and honestly, I don't know if there is a significant difference.

My question is: Can anyone tell me the REAL difference between those two? If yes, what should I aim for to get the best gaming experience (let's say, under $500-$550)?

My main goal is to eliminate all the stuttering and tearing, while generate as little delay as possible (I mostly play dynamic, FPS games). I heard investing in G-Sync is the way to go, I just didn't expect there are various options 😔

I was thinking about LG-27GL850-B, but it only comes with G-Sync Compatible solution. 

https://www.amazon.com/LG-27GL850-B-Ultragear-Compatible-Monitor/dp/B07TD94TQF/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=LG+27GL850-B&qid=1599830645&sr=8-1

Another option would be Dell S2716DG, with full G-Sync, but it's been on the market for few years now. 

Any help in this matter will be very much appreciated! 

PS. I am from Europe. PS2. Sorry for my English 😏

gsync has a dedicated proprietary module inside the monitor, gsync compatible doesn't have it and is usually freesync, but is tested and verified by NVIDIA. the former has a range of 1hz to the max refresh rate, variable overdrive, sometimes ULMB, etc.