Xbox series x vs ps5

Tisham

So i got three question?

1.Which console gives more discounts or sales on games?

2.Does Xbox game pass matters?

3. Which controller is better for compatitive games like fortnite or cod warzone

1) Depends on the whims of marketing and of the associated companies.  You might also get more opportunities for discounts if you're paying the monthly membership (Gold, Plus, Elite, Cake, Cake + Pie, Cake + Pie + Brownie, whatever other subscriptions they can sell you).  I'd say they're roughly the same...also, sales can sometimes be misleading because what's on sale the most tends to be indie titles or utter trash like EA sports titles and their 15 types of microtransactions.

2) Yes.  It's one of the best offerings and will have new releases included sometimes.  I played both Gears of War 5 and Outer Worlds on PC (Game Pass for PC) during the $1 trial.  However, I would check their current offerings before subscribing.  It's always changing. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

3.  I can't give you advice here, I don't play competitive games...on console or PC...unless you could the occasional MMORPG.  I would honestly say whatever's most comfortable in your hands.

My personal approach is Game Pass for PC for certain exclusives and extra games if I want...and PS for its exclusives (personal preference).  Haven't turned on my console to game seriously in about half a year.

PineyCreek pretty much hit the nail on the head but I’ll give some of my input. 

1. As a 5+ year PS4 owner, I’ve noticed that Sony does a lot of game discounts. Frequent deals with PS Plus and seasonal deals too. They also have 2 free games a month with PS Plus which are usually pretty decent. Last month, Fall Guys was one of the games, in Sept. there is PUBG and Street Fighter V. Not super new games but fairly popular. I don’t know a whole lot about what XBOX does for discounted/free games. 

2. Yes, just read PineyCreek’s response cause it’s pretty much perfect. 

3. I cannot not aim good for the life of me with an XBOX One controller. Between the massive size (it’s a bit smaller in the next gen), super tall joysticks and offsets asymmetrical layout, I’m horrible. But that varies between person, it may be different for you. 

Personally, I wouldn’t even consider buying an XBOX Series X/S (trash names, I hate it). The only reason I might even give it anything is exclusives, but most XBOX exclusives are also gonna be on PC. And they aren’t as good as PlayStation’s anyway. But it’s all personal preference, pick what will work better for you.

5 minutes ago, TheGoatGuy said:

PineyCreek pretty much hit the nail on the head but I’ll give some of my input. 

1. As a 5+ year PS4 owner, I’ve noticed that Sony does a lot of game discounts. Frequent deals with PS Plus and seasonal deals too. They also have 2 free games a month with PS Plus which are usually pretty decent. Last month, Fall Guys was one of the games, in Sept. there is PUBG and Street Fighter V. Not super new games but fairly popular. I don’t know a whole lot about what XBOX does for discounted/free games. 

2. Yes, just read PineyCreek’s response cause it’s pretty much perfect. 

3. I cannot not aim good for the life of me with an XBOX One controller. Between the massive size (it’s a bit smaller in the next gen), super tall joysticks and offsets asymmetrical layout, I’m horrible. But that varies between person, it may be different for you. 

Personally, I wouldn’t even consider buying an XBOX Series X/S (trash names, I hate it). The only reason I might even give it anything is exclusives, but most XBOX exclusives are also gonna be on PC. And they aren’t as good as PlayStation’s anyway. But it’s all personal preference, pick what will work better for you.

is ps now good? 

how often new games goes to sale....

I mean buying a 60 / 70 dollar game( ghost of th...,last of us 2)  😓

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

as a lifelong xbox fan , buy a ps5

What.....wow....why...🙄

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

as a lifelong xbox fan , buy a ps5

Why? (Just wondering)

sticking with an Xbox one X here, adequate 4K performance and offput by the design of the Series X 

controllers come down to personal preference and don’t make a difference in competitive, non-cross-platform games since everyone’s similarly handicapped 

Ive stuck with a One X for gaming for a while here & there and mostly use PCs for work btw 

1. Not sure how Sony handles sales on the PS Store but they do seem to do them often and Microsoft does a lot of sales quite often, too. They're probably on-par with each other here.

2. YES. You wanna play first-party games without being sure about buying them? It's $5 a month for anything in that realm. Definitely worth the cash.

3. Well, we're not sure how the PS5 controller will feel, as it's going to be a considerable update from the PS4's controller, but considering that the Xbox Series X controller is an Xbox One controller with an extra button, it's definitely going to be a good controller.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

So how long does it takes for prices to go down........on average...... New games 

7 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

1. Not sure how Sony handles sales on the PS Store but they do seem to do them often and Microsoft does a lot of sales quite often, too. They're probably on-par with each other here.

2. YES. You wanna play first-party games without being sure about buying them? It's $5 a month for anything in that realm. Definitely worth the cash.

3. Well, we're not sure how the PS5 controller will feel, as it's going to be a considerable update from the PS4's controller, but considering that the Xbox Series X controller is an Xbox One controller with an extra button, it's definitely going to be a good controller.

What extra button 

12 hours ago, Tisham said:

is ps now good? 

how often new games goes to sale....

I mean buying a 60 / 70 dollar game( ghost of th...,last of us 2)  😓

PS now costs $10/month (USD) or $60/year and it does have a lot of games, however the larger titles are usually only available for a few months before they are removed. It’s a good deal if you don’t mind some games being removed after a few months, and if there’s a game you really like you can always buy it. (It’s also on PC).

I personally don’t have PS now, mainly because I tend to play most of the same games with friends, so unless there were a lot of games we all wanted to play, I wouldn’t personally get it. 

I'll throw my 2 cents.

1. About that prices... Sony became quite competitive during sales. There's plenty of them during the year. Major and lesser one, good games and bad games. I bought about 15? games in the last months, big and small releases. You have to check for the once a month or once every 2 weeks. Sony follows a yearly schedule like steam and others.

2. MS gamepass is a huge selling point for microsoft in this generation. Value is something that you can't ignore i think.

3. I don't want to sound like an ass but "controller" and "competitive" in the same sentence seems funny. Jokes aside, i played on both and if i had to choose something for the tournament fps or fighting, i would pick dualshock. Nice, slick design, symmetrical analog sticks, lightweight, touchpad. 

In terms of games, Playstation have better sales. They also occur more often.

Xbox Game Pass is great. It has a ton of games both old and new. The only downside I've had is that it actually ruined my relationship with games (for example, if I get frustrated with a new game, I'm now [annoyingly] more inclined to put it down and not touch for a fair amount of time)

For the controller, it's all about physical preference. While the Xbox Controller is asymmetrical, from my experience, it feels better in my hand. There are also Xbox Elite controllers which give a better competitive advantage.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:05 PM, Tisham said:

So i got three question?

3. Which controller is better for compatitive games like fortnite or cod warzone

1. They've kind of matched each other in terms of sales events, but I think Sony tends to be the one that goes hard on current-gen sales/deals.

2. Absolutely, it's a great service. One that's slowly eroding consumer's right to ownership... but I mean, for what it is? Amazing value.

3. Eh, this really depends on how you feel about the controller.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:05 AM, Tisham said:

So i got three question?

To a bit boring here:

1: At this moment we don't know

2: At this moment we don't know

When it comes to business model and free games and all that we don't know what Sony will do yet.  We simply have to wait for their announcement.  Some interpret Tim Sweenys vague answers about PS5 and Epic Store that there will be some kind of integration between them and that could make a huge difference. It's all rumour of cause but until we know more it's impossible to answer those questions.

3: That is up to personal preference.