Top and bottom intake?

Khory211

Anybody try arranging the fans in a Lian Li O11 Dynamic with the 3 top and 3 bottom as intake with a side mounted AIO as exhaust? Considering it for aesthetic purposes.

3 minutes ago, Khory211 said:

Lian Li O11 Dynamic with the 3 top and 3 bottom

sounds like turbulence nightmare tbh

fans blowing in opposing direction facing each other

plus the new nvidia FE cards are blowing up, adding more chaos

they should sell a fan that blows in opposite direction than conventional ones so you can use it as intake and not see the fan hub (there probably are fans like that tho)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

How much air do you think those fans are moving? I don’t think there would be any turbulence.. but I could be wrong. I would try using the aio as an exhaust, it might be ok with the fresh air being brought in. It probably wouldn’t be as good as as bringing fresh air directly from the outside to the rad. But it’s better than using your warm cabinet air to cool your cpu with.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B12, TY-143

it'll be just fine, IF you go into the bios/fan controller to use system temp which will reduce the speed of intake fans and have the "exhaust" run on CPU temp. 
turbulent air is not a bad thing within reason, a triple blowy-ma-tron intake on the top and bottom would be a nightmare and probably try to blow the side of the case off from the resistance of the exhaust. Some turbulence in the air adds dwell time and increases convection efficiency before being exhausted out of the case. The same logic is used for designing waterblocks with long paths and some turbulent flow letting more thermal energy transfer to the water before passing it to the radiator.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

I’m using Corsair QL fans so nothing crazy and I’ll have control of all fans via icue and a commander pro. I’m probably going to try it out and see. The rad will be exhaust so I can use the included cooler fans (h150i) as pull fans on the hidden side. The idea is that with proper fan curves I can get a little better performance on the cooler and not wear out the fans too fast by forcing more air thru than the QL can handle

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

sounds like turbulence nightmare tbh

fans blowing in opposing direction facing each other

plus the new nvidia FE cards are blowing up, adding more chaos

they should sell a fan that blows in opposite direction than conventional ones so you can use it as intake and not see the fan hub (there probably are fans like that tho)

Turbulence in a case what???? That is possible XD

Turbulence scrubs the heat away 👌🏻

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B12, TY-143

For this, my friend, you need to experiment with it. I found out that having the top part as intake helps cool down my rig a lot, even though many people recommended me to use top fan as exhaust. There's no right and wrong answer, it only comes to efficiency.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.