Advice needed! G-Sync/FPS limiter and monitor suggestions

stevenkoalae

I am planning to upgrade to a GTX 3080 and a Dell S2716DG this November. My goal is to enjoy butter smooth ray tracing enabled graphic on 1440p, but since I am not a competitive gamer, I don't think I need all 144 Hz fps for all my games. Temperature is a real concern when you living in a tiny apartment in south east Asia, so I am looking for a way to limit the frame rate on my games, so my face won't be cooked by the pc exhaust air constantly. What would be the best way to do it without harming the benefit g-sync brings? Can I just "underclock" my monitor?

Besides, I notice most of the gaming monitor has gigantic stands. Dell S2716DG is the only 27inch monitor that's thin enough (thanks to the understated stands)  to fit comfortable on my table. Do you guys have any other suggestions for a 1440p, 16:9, G-sync, 23-27inch monitor besides the Dell? Thanks in advance.

Just set the max frame rate limit in NVIDIA Control Panel to whatever you want. 

Also enable VSync in NVCP and disable it in games. 

Keep the monitor at 144Hz, no need to lower it since GSync will work as long as the FPS is within the 144Hz range. 

you can use either nvidia control panel or RTSS frame limiter. set limiter to 3-4 frames below refresh rate of monitor.