Suggestions for a 3080 build?

I want to build a PC with the 3080. I've been saving for a year and feel comfortable to finally make the move to purchase my build. I would appreciate any help and advice regarding what parts to purchase. I am not that tech savvy, but I will do my best to answer any questions. 

1. Budget & Location 

You may have listed a heap of parts that all add up to your preferred budget but it is easier if you just list the total amount you'd like to spend and the currency as well as if you'd consider going above that budget for more performance. We need the location as well because $US are different to $AUD and $CAD ect.

• I’d like to spend ~$1000-1200 US MAX for the rest of the tower, separate from the GPU. I plan on purchasing this build through Microcenter.

2. Aim

What is the system going to be used for? Web browsing, 3D work? Different systems need different levels of performance - a computer based for web browsing and office use won't handle heavy graphic design and video editing and a proper video editing system isn't good for gaming. If your aim is for gaming, please list what sort of gaming. In the same way that different usage types need different systems, you'll need a lot more power to run Far Cry 3 or Crysis 2 than you would 

Minecraft.

System will be used for:

• 1st priority: Gaming & Streaming 
    • Would like to future proof my system to run up to 1440p Ultra settings on AAA games. I buy recent AAA games (like cyberpunk 2077 for example) a year or so after release when they’re on a good sale. So usually the games that I play are at least a year old. I want to play Resident Evil 2 and 3 remake, and previous first & third party story driven games released last year. I would like to run these games as close to 144 fps. I also play ESO and want to play other MMO games (Looking at FFXIV). I would like to prioritize graphics on single-player games and FPS on multiplayer games. If it can go beyond the specs I listed, that would be amazing.
    • I would need a strong enough PSU to include VR gaming, streaming and recording. I would like the system to run latest VR games, and VR chat with little hiccups in performance.
    • I use OBS and I would like to stream 1080p60fps with AAA games and VR @ 1080p60fps/720p60fps.
    • Should be able to overclock but that’s something I want to experiment with down the road.

• 2nd Priority: Media
    • Adobe Premier: I would be happy with at least 1440p video editing
    • Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator with Wacom tablet. Capable of working with 1440p images.
    • Adobe Audition (New to Audition so I can’t think of anything at the moment for this)

3. Monitors: How many monitors do you plan on running? Do you plan on moving to more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

• I plan on running one monitor for now. This will be purchased later. Another monitor will be added in about 5 years. 

4. Peripherals: Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors ect. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

Mouse and keyboard will be purchased later. Windows Home is already purchased and I already have a capture card and recording equipment.

5. Why are you upgrading? 

We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

Please copy and paste the major dot points into your thread as it makes it easier for us to give you better feedback.

Have fun and keep building :)

- I want to go back to the world of gaming PCs. This will be the first PC that I will build and I’ve waited all year to save up and take the plunge into the vast world of PC gaming. I’ve enjoyed consoles and I feel that PC will allow me to enjoy my hobbies.

Further Requirements:

• I have pets. Two cats and a bunny and the PC is going to be about 4-6 inches off the floor. I would like a case with good dust proof features to prevent pet hair from getting in and would love any fan/filter suggestions in case I need to add more to the build to help meet those needs (I will buy these later).
  • Mid-tower size with good airflow.
  • I would like the case to have tempered glass on one side so I can monitor the inside of the computer for dust buildup & maintenance.
  • I want performance over aesthetics so I would like to avoid RGB if I can. I don’t plan on showing it off to the world, I just want it to work the best that it can within the budget. If a part with RGB turns out to give better performance, then I’m okay with it.
  • Motherboard needs:
    • 4 RAM slots
    • Enough USBs for Mic, Camera, Capture Card, Memory, Stream Deck, Mouse and Keyboard.
    • Capable of having a second display/monitor so I can mirror/extend display on a television.
    • USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port or enough PCI slots to have a USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 expansion in order to game in VR comfortably with a USB Hub.  Whichever works best with the build budget.

Thank you for the taking the time to read this and helping me with this build.

Come back when the 3080 is available. It will be sold out on launch and take a little time to get in stock. When you finally can find one ryzen 4000 may already be around which would be a good option over what is out now.

16 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Come back when the 3080 is available. It will be sold out on launch and take a little time to get in stock. When you finally can find one ryzen 4000 may already be around which would be a good option over what is out now.

Thanks for the reply! It makes sense to wait when you put it like that. I'll try to keep myself occupied in the meantime and continue to save up for both of those products.