30 series founders edition

Flawizz

i just realised that the founder edition might not be a good choice with a big cpu heatsink like for example in my case : ) scythe mugen 5, i have no clue if im gonna have issues with thermals on my cpu because of the fan on the back blowing hot air into cpu heatsink, i have a 3700x always on 4,25 ghz with fan on scythe mugen spinning on max rpm all the time, 3 front fans and mesh panel from nr600 coolermaster, am i gonna have some serious cpu cooling issues with 30 series fe card?anyone have any clue?

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

I would turn your Overclock off and put in on default settings if all you could get is 4.25 all core on your cpu.

The temps are going to more then likely go up 3-7 celsius overall for the CPU. 

temps are going up 3 to 7 with the cooler design of 30 series founders edition? or u mean the 4.25

as far as 4.25 goes, i have this issues where the cpu sits at like 3ghz and does not go higher even in games, so i enable game boost, sadly i have like 50c idle because its on 4.25 all the time

image.png.1bdaf451e4980a34813bc863cf3df404.png

The temps are going to more then likely go up 3-7 celsius overall for the CPU.

i can see this logic, because the hot air is being directed into the cpu's intake for most air coolers

but considering the old design cooler GPU's hot air has to go somewhere too, there might not be a temp difference.

only reviews will tell us what's gonna happen.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Flawizz said:

temps are going up 3 to 7 with the cooler design of 30 series founders edition? or u mean the 4.25

as far as 4.25 goes, i have this issues where the cpu sits at like 3ghz and does not go higher even in games, so i enable game boost, sadly i have like 50c idle because its on 4.25 all the time

image.png.1bdaf451e4980a34813bc863cf3df404.png

cpu temps will go up with the 3080 exhausting directly into the CPU cooler. Its not going to be THAT big of a deal for some aircoolers, but if you are under load and are already at 80c+, it may become an issue where you may need a better cooler.

Just now, Moonzy said:

i can see this logic, because the hot air is being directed into the cpu's intake for most air coolers

but considering the old design cooler GPU's hot air has to go somewhere too, there might not be a temp difference.

only reviews will tell us what's gonna happen.

as far as my logic goes, old gpu cooler designs just push hot air out, in a case this would be downwards, and the front fans just blow these through the backside of the case? idk

cpu temps will go up with the 3080 exhausting directly into the CPU cooler. Its not going to be THAT big of a deal for some aircoolers, but if you are under load and are already at 80c+, it may become an issue where you may need a better cooler.

as far as ingame temps, im very happy, i dont rember hitting 70, but thats with fan on 100%, i run every fan on 100 at all times tho, but mainly because im ingame almost always.

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

i have 25 tabs open right now, a few programs like outlook, battlenet, steelseries engine, command center, msi afterburner, rtx voice, discord, il enter gta5 online and il see what my temps are ingame, gimme a minute : )

31 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

so i ran gta 5 online for 20min and i got temps of 56degrees, i assume gta5 online in crowded area city is cpu intensive? idk 56 degrees is super good afaik.