IEM Recommendations

xByakko

My friend is looking to buy some high quality IEMs. She's considering the Sennheiser IE 80. She said she tried it, and her impression with it is good. However I'd like to give her some options but I'm not much of an audiophile and I personally don't look at IEMs due to some medical history. So I'd like to turn to the audio sub-forum for extra recommendations, using the IE 80 as a guide for budget and quality. 

I can't exactly describe her music in general so here's a list of some music she listens to.
Yuki Kajiura (Japanese Composer)

Revo

Utaite and Vocaloids

Marasy

Younha (Korean ballad singer)
Frozen Soundtrack
Couting stars

Classical (genre)

She listens to music from her Iphone 5s and 2013 Macbook Air. (Please don't judge her use of Apple). From what I know, she doesn't have any external equipments such as amps.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

the IE80's are pretty good (Linus' opinion)

If she likes it why bother? Sennheiser makes excellent IEMs. Tell her to go ahead and get them

I'm curious, how did she try them?  :wacko:

Error: 410

She listens to music from her Iphone 5s and 2013 Macbook Air. (Please don't judge her use of Apple). From what I know, she doesn't have any external equipments such as amps.

sound quality wise the 5S is probably one of the best phones ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I use the IE 80's myself and I absolutely love them. So take that for what it's worth.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

No idea how she tried it, I wasn't there. 

I'm just wondering what other option there is for her, in terms of sound since I'm not sure if IE 80 is the best fit for her music.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

We are in New Zealand, so sadly custom molded IEMs might not be an option. (Not sure if there's any in the area, shipping will be expensive.)

PC Specs:

You can look at the Shure SE425. I have heard they are really good.

My friend is looking to buy some high quality IEMs. She's considering the Sennheiser IE 80. She said she tried it, and her impression with it is good. However I'd like to give her some options but I'm not much of an audiophile and I personally don't look at IEMs due to some medical history. So I'd like to turn to the audio sub-forum for extra recommendations, using the IE 80 as a guide for budget and quality.

I can't exactly describe her music in general so here's a list of some music she listens to.

Yuki Kajiura (Japanese Composer)

Revo

Utaite and Vocaloids

Marasy

Younha (Korean ballad singer)

Frozen Soundtrack

Couting stars

Classical (genre)

I own a pair of Shure SE535LTD's and I love them. I got mine for $450 a while back. Also have a look at some of Westone's stuff (W40, W30, UM Pro 30). They recently updated their range. I think the Westone's are slightly more comfortable due to their cable design but Shure's are built like a tank and are easier to obtain. Remember that you can always buy an aftermarket cable to replace the heavier Shure cables. I personally bought the Logitech UE900 cables and are using them instead of the stock cables (Logitech don't ship those cables to NZ though sadly. I had to get my friend in America to ship them to me). Truthfully, Shure, Westone or Sennheiser will be just fine. Just see if there's a store somewhere where she can try the IEMs before you buy.

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

The Shure se425 and 535 are considered some of the most highly regarded iems

normally I would say lel >monster but I have heard pretty good reviews on various IEMs they make.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Thanks guys, I'll pass the information to her.

PC Specs:

Get the Yamaha EPH-100!!! Very good for its price.  :) will fit well with J-Music and a lot of genres since it's quite balanced throughout the spectrum except for a slight sweet bump in the mid-bass. 

Core i5 3470 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ | Kingston 8GB DDR3 (1600Mhz) | Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V LGA1155 | Asus Geforce GTX 670 2GB DirectCUII OC | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATAIII | LITEON 24x DVD-RW | Cooler Master Silent Pro M600W | Xigmatek Midgard II Window | Logitech G100 Gaming Keyboard | LG 23" IPS234V | Edifier M1380 | Bravo Audio Ocean Tube Amp | Sennheiser HD600 | Sansa Clip+ | Yamaha EPH-100

I've heard good things about the ie80s though I'm not so sure they are appropriate for her kind of music also check out computer lounge and rubber monkeys for a good selection in new Zealand I personally just bought a really cheap pair of audio technica iems from rubber monkeys great site they arrived in 2 days