Sound Blaster zx Crashes all the time...

Go to solution Solved by ForsakenLive,

The software it uses manages the sound, and it's probably crashing also killing the USB mic (stuff like volume gets controlled from the software).

Try reinstalling it, then take it off the boot, and open it manually as admin, see what happens.

I bought a Creative sound blaster zx sound card about 2 months ago... Recently, from about 2 weeks ago it started to crash when ever I play games. Now it doesnt crash straight away, it seems to happen after a long period of gaming, Im starting to think it could be over heating, but its no where near my GTX770. Ive reinstalled drivers countless number of times to fix it, but that didnt work, i tried installing it into another pcie x1 slot, that didnt work. I really want to fix this problem, I play CS:GO competivly and my sound just disapears half way through the game, and I loose Mic to my teammates, btw my mic is a snowball and its USB, so I dont get why it stops my USB mic? 

Its driving me insane! What else shall i do? 

Sounds almost like a windows error, check your event viewer

I looked through event viewer, I cant seem to find anything, that consists that the sound is disappearing.  

The software it uses manages the sound, and it's probably crashing also killing the USB mic (stuff like volume gets controlled from the software).

Try reinstalling it, then take it off the boot, and open it manually as admin, see what happens.

Okay, I just did that, and I'll play a couple of games and see if it fixed it 

It wouldn't surprise me if it where software related, the two main sound card makers have really let their products down with driver and software support over the last few years.  We seem to see more and more people troubleshooting driver issues and install issues than anything. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So far so good, been playing battlefield 4 and it seems to be okay, i will post here again if i get anymore issues... but im I the only one getting this problem do you think? 

I just got the z about 2 days ago. It's been fine for me other than sometimes it doesn't initialize the sound from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

Brilliant! Work for me, not a single problem since then! :D