Little Brothers PC Build

Hey guys, my little brother is old enough for a job now and makes pretty decent money. He wants me to put together a gaming computer for him with the budget he provided.

So the budget is around $800USD give or take a little more if needed.

The system is mostly just for gaming, he told me he wanted to do YouTube videos like me so Video rendering and recording is also a possible use. As a gaming aspect goes he's not one to complain about graphics so I'd say High @ 60fps for the latest games, he mostly just plays co-op games with me like Far Cry 3 and Sniper Elite.

For a monitor he currently already has a 22" 1080p TV but if you can fit a same sized monitor in the budget without sacrificing performance that'd be swell :D

For peripherals he already has a mouse and mouse pad, he wanted the keyboard Linus talked about before that has the changeable keycaps for WASD that curved in and were red. I think it was by Thermaltke I'm not sure though. He'll also need an OS either Windows 7 or 8 is fine. He already has a headset though.

So that's basically it, any help would be greatly appreciated :D

So if you are thinking about video rendering cpu is important on the intel side at least an i5

i think the keyboard you're talking about is the Corsair K70, i have it and it sounds similar 

i may be wrong

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($152.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Microcenter) 

Video Card:  Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card  ($249.99 @ NCIX US) 

Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ Newegg) 

Optical Drive:  Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Newegg) 

Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 

Total: $743.85

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-06 15:25 EST-0500)

He doesn't have to rush to get all the parts now,  A monitor will be pretty much recommended,  but he can do for now with the TV. An SSD is a really good way to put money in, but he might do for now with a HDD, That mechanical keyboard is about $100 (if I am correct with what keyboard it is).

So for the build I would suggest putting those $800 strictly into the main components.

Something like this will be upgradeable (monitor, keyboard, RAM, CPU cooler, Case). Just like Linus said, the best thing to do in tight budgets is being pacient.

The i5 and the GTX 760 will allow him to max out every game at 1080p and be able to do video editing

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/35fFw
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/35fFw/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/35fFw/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($217.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $839.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-06 15:33 EST-0500)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

All great ideas :D I'll show them to him and see what he thinks :) Thank you very much for the help.