Bitcoin "Boss" found dead

nkfw

So how is this going to affect the "Bitcoin mania" if at all!

Original Article

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/boss-of-bitcoin-exchange-found-dead-30068534.html

06 MARCH 2014

The boss of a virtual currency exchange has been found dead at her home inSingapore.

There was no suspicion of foul play in the death of 28-year-old Autumn Radtke, police said.

Ms Radtke, an American, was found dead at her home on February 26, a spokesman said.

Her company, First Meta, said it was "shocked and saddened by the tragic loss".

First Meta allowed users of virtual currencies such as bitcoin to trade and cash out the currencies.

The future of bitcoin has been under scrutiny since the collapse of the Mt Gox exchange in Tokyo last month.

Ms Radtke had worked at other tech companies including Apple.

Postings on her Facebook page showed her to be a believer in the potential of virtual currencies.

Last month she linked to an article on entrepreneurs suffering depression, commenting above the link: "Everything has its price."

Hopefully the value of bitcoin won't tumble for this. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

this has been posted before. O.o

I searched for her name, mt gox, bitcoin or anything related to this incident and didn't find anything, so I assumed nobody knew

Sorry to the Original OP if I steal your thunder! not my intention

I searched for her name, mt gox, bitcoin or anything related to this incident and didn't find anything, so I assumed nobody knew

Sorry to the Original OP if I steal your thunder! not my intention

You can find it just by searching bitcoin. Sometimes the title is a little different :P

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/123955-bitcoin-exchange-ceo-possibly-commit-suicide-s/?hl=bitcoin

I am going to put my tinfoil hat on and say conspiracy. It has to be, there are too many coincidences these days. And if the boss of a currency that threatens the well being of every other currency is found dead and the police say that nothign happened he just dies then I am saying he was murdered to get rid of Bitcoin. Mt Gox also closed down fairly recently as well.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The LinusTechTips search function is TRASH

That is true. It does occasionally work.