The Face Behind Bitcoin oO

nicolas_as

This is a very interesting article, thanks!

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

3670-3-7-fe0108-bitcoin-04.jpg

there were many crypto currencies during the early days

it just so happens his became famous

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I am still reading but it is very intriguing so far.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The most interesting part were the comments lolol, people act like the reporter murdered his family in the middle of a fully sold out stadium.

-snip-

but isn't bitcoin the first cryptocoin to exist? where all other are based of?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I like this, thanks for sharing.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

OBEYSQUIRREL, on 06 Mar 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

The most interesting part were the comments lolol, people act like the reporter murdered his family in the middle of a fully sold out stadium.

Well, the reporter did show his face,dob,real name,house address,vehicle plate number,and even to the extend of giving out names of his relatives, while knowing well that the guy wanted to remain being anonymous. Think about it, if Satoshi actually keep all of his Bitcoin wallet in the house where he is estimated to have at least $400mil, he is now basically a sitting duck for the bad guys out there to come and grab his Bitcoins and potentially harm him too. Guess why the cops showed up when the reporter went to his house? I'm guessing trespassing private property? Very poor journalism by Newsweek.

I read this earlier, the reporter was a bit of a dick really the guy just wants to be anonymous. go find out yes he does exist, write a report on yes you found him and he lives humbly but to go to the extent of fully outing him is not so nice.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

just checked

odd i could have sworn it wasnt the first

my bad

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

that is what i heard, that bitcoin was the first

(Can't seem to access that Newsweek article, so I'm just reading a BBC one)

Further evidence, she said, arose when talking to his family members revealed his obsession with privacy, his political leanings and his facility with maths.

And yet he uses his real name in all this? I'm not sure if I buy it...

That author has literally destroyed this guy's privacy and safety. Shameful journalism.

Typical money coming before privacy/safety. 'merica.

Hey, I don't like American media either (why I ended up reading about this topic on the BBC website), but isn't that a tad hypocritical considering the British newspaper phone hacking scandal? :P

Hey, I don't like American media either (why I ended up reading about this topic on the BBC website), but isn't that a tad hypocritical considering the British newspaper phone hacking scandal? :P

British media can be just as poor :D

Well, the reporter did show his face,dob,real name,house address,vehicle plate number,and even to the extend of giving out names of his relatives, while knowing well that the guy wanted to remain being anonymous. Think about it, if Satoshi actually keep all of his Bitcoin wallet in the house where he is estimated to have at least $400mil, he is now basically a sitting duck for the bad guys out there to come and grab his Bitcoins and potentially harm him too. Guess why the cops showed up when the reporter went to his house? I'm guessing trespassing private property? Very poor journalism by Newsweek.

Well if his family gave consent then they don't really need to be defended. I agree that he shouldn't have had his face/house/etc. if he didn't want it, but with the current times you can't cry for privacy when you put your life in the internet. Celebrities are no different, but I only see people attack them, never defend them.

3670-3-7-fe0108-bitcoin-04.jpg

I think you mean infamous. I've yet to read much positives about bit coin.

All news is basically TMZ now.

I read this earlier, the reporter was a bit of a dick really the guy just wants to be anonymous. go find out yes he does exist, write a report on yes you found him and he lives humbly but to go to the extent of fully outing him is not so nice.

Invent something that becomes famous and you will lose all anonymity, its a fact of life these days, there is no hiding only blocking it out to a certain distance.

That author has literally destroyed this guy's privacy and safety. Shameful journalism.

Lets see if he donates his money to improve this issue B)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

OBEYSQUIRREL, on 07 Mar 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

Well if his family gave consent then they don't really need to be defended. I agree that he shouldn't have had his face/house/etc. if he didn't want it, but with the current times you can't cry for privacy when you put your life in the internet. Celebrities are no different, but I only see people attack them, never defend them.

You are right about the family consent. But still it is not the right thing to do to disclose someone's personal info,and the journalist even went as far as to obtain the guy's email from the company he bought the model trains from. That to me is stalking and it is clear the journalist is pretty much set on getting her stories out by any means necessary.

I see this privacy invasion slightly different in this circumstance compared to the celebrities because Mr.Nakamoto is not an entertainer and he wished to be ANONYMOUS by request, he used to work on a classified US military project, and he is rumoured to have about $400mil worth of bitcoin, of the grid and probably in his personal possesion, which makes him much more vulnerable than others. Criminals have gone to much further lengths to steal for items of far less value, and with the recent colapse of Mt.Gox, who knows some insane guy would hold a grudge to anything bitcoin related and do stupid stuffs to get their coins back. Btw, I still despise any privacy invasion by anyone, even to the celebrities. Just because everyone is doing it doesn’t make it right.

Reporter is a dick. He obviously wanted to remain anonymous not just for privacy but for his own safety as well.