Rtx 2060 price drop?

GeneralGusher

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows when the price of the rtx 2000 series cards will drop? I have a gym 1050 and it’s suffering to keep up with games these days. Also does anyone know how much the price drop will be? I was hoping the 2060 would be somewhere around $200 

In like 15 mins.

My guess:

Used prices will drop slowly, as with every card.

For new prices, nvidia probably has a new card in the works, that will replace the 2060 soonish.  Looking at the 20xx series, the xx60 card took aouther 4 ish months to come out after the first few cards.

I wouldnt look for a 2060(note what I am about to say may not apply for everyone)

I got my 2060 for around 500-600 CAD and the new 3070 (the 2080 ti equivalent with less VRAM) is also around the same price.

Just wait a little more till October for the  3070 launch and get that as fast as you can. 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

You won't see much price drop until nVidia launch mid-tier RTX3000 series card. Even if they have price drop, it might be for only up to USD50, as the card is still consider to have high value. Your only best bet if AMD launch their Radeon GPU, which may affect the price of RTX2060.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Price drop?? jhaha here how much if you want a new 2080ti in canada right now

image.thumb.png.0c33011e37fd70094a9ec6da733865e2.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

11 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Price drop?? jhaha here how much if you want a new 2080ti in canada right now

image.thumb.png.0c33011e37fd70094a9ec6da733865e2.png

Oh wow that’s more than my pc as a whole 

14 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

You won't see much price drop until nVidia launch mid-tier RTX3000 series card. Even if they have price drop, it might be for only up to USD50, as the card is still consider to have high value. Your only best bet if AMD launch their Radeon GPU, which may affect the price of RTX2060.

So would it be worth it to get a used one instead?

18 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

I wouldnt look for a 2060(note what I am about to say may not apply for everyone)

I got my 2060 for around 500-600 CAD and the new 3070 (the 2080 ti equivalent with less VRAM) is also around the same price.

Just wait a little more till October for the  3070 launch and get that as fast as you can. 

I would but I don’t think I should spend 400 on a gpu cause I have to get a new monitor too

22 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

My guess:

Used prices will drop slowly, as with every card.

For new prices, nvidia probably has a new card in the works, that will replace the 2060 soonish.  Looking at the 20xx series, the xx60 card took aouther 4 ish months to come out after the first few cards.

Ok so I think I’ll either wait for a mid tier one to come out or I’ll just buy a used one if they are not too expensive 

1 minute ago, GeneralGusher said:

So would it be worth it to get a used one instead?

Hmm... It's very hard to say. Due to the fact that RTX2060 and its super counterpart are still in high demand, so I guess it is a viable solution, but you'll probably still won't be able to get an RTX2060 that cheap, unless of course, everyone is buying the new RTX3000 series to replace their old RTX2000 series GPU, which, might take a few months to get their price drop significantly.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

12 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Hmm... It's very hard to say. Due to the fact that RTX2060 and its super counterpart are still in high demand, so I guess it is a viable solution, but you'll probably still won't be able to get an RTX2060 that cheap, unless of course, everyone is buying the new RTX3000 series to replace their old RTX2000 series GPU, which, might take a few months to get their price drop significantly.

Good point. I guess it’s just a waiting game now

2 hours ago, GeneralGusher said:

I would but I don’t think I should spend 400 on a gpu cause I have to get a new monitor too

then do what you have to do to earn some money. assuming you are at a legal working age and have a job, put aside a little extra if possible. remember it is still the 1st of September. you have the whole of this month and a few more days to save up enough money.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

6 hours ago, eeeee1 said:

then do what you have to do to earn some money. assuming you are at a legal working age and have a job, put aside a little extra if possible. remember it is still the 1st of September. you have the whole of this month and a few more days to save up enough money.

Yeah I’m saving up all the money I can get