Best CPU for the Ampere 3000 Series?

2 hours ago, Slyceth said:

Wouldn't that make it a no-brainer to choose team blue right now?

I don't know, you're the one that wanted to buy the Ryzen 9 3900XT. It's far cheaper than the 10900k because of supply differences and X570 will also support at least one more generation of Ryzen CPUs. But if you would prefer the marginal gaming improvement then it would be something to consider.

10 minutes ago, Pooky said:

I don't know, you're the one that wanted to buy the Ryzen 9 3900XT. It's far cheaper than the 10900k because of supply differences and X570 will also support at least one more generation of Ryzen CPUs. But if you would prefer the marginal gaming improvement then it would be something to consider.

The difference in my country between the XT and the Intel is 40 euros, and between the X and the Intel is 74 euros. Does that still count as far cheaper in my country? It does mean I get the 10900k avengers edition, but I don't think that matters right?

Thanks for bringing up the fact that X570 will support another generation of Ryzen CPU's, because I've been thinking, and it seems a bit silly to want to buy the next generation Ryzen after buying the current generation. I've lived off my 4790K for the past 4 years just fine, it's still very usable, and I didn't even think about upgrading to Broadway or Skylake in those years whether or not my motherboard supported them.

7 minutes ago, Slyceth said:

The difference in my country between the XT and the Intel is 40 euros, and between the X and the Intel is 74 euros. Does that still count as far cheaper in my country? It does mean I get the 10900k avengers edition, but I don't think that matters right?

Ah, see here the i9-10900k is closer to $800 vs $450 for the Ryzen 9 3900XT.

If you want to get the 10900k, consider the cost to cool it. The 3900X/XT will draw about 150-160W at peak load whereas the 10900k and can draw between 250-330W at peak. Also consider that you would lose PCIe 4.0 support. Personally I would not think that it is worth it but if you are a high framerate gamer then it might make all the difference.

With PCIE4 being a highlighted technology during yesterday's reveal, my guess would be the fastest 8-core 4th Gen Ryzen when it launches.

Current 3000 Series Ryzen bottlenecks the 2080 ti, and current Intel lacks PCIE4.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

With PCIE4 being a highlighted technology during yesterday's reveal, my guess would be the fastest 8-core 4th Gen Ryzen when it launches.

Current 3000 Series Ryzen bottlenecks the 2080 ti, and current Intel lacks PCIE4.

Ah, you're a lifesaver. Thanks for taking me to brass tacks. I will hold off on buying anything then. I'll get my full system as soon as 4th gen Ryzen launches. That way there is also some time in which LTT can release some benchmark videos comparing the stock and other iterations of the RTX 3080, as well as some more info about case space, so I can pick a different case perhaps, as well as exact PSU power I need, and I can make an informed decision. Thank you very much!

4 minutes ago, Slyceth said:

Ah, you're a lifesaver. Thanks for taking me to brass tacks. I will hold off on buying anything then. I'll get my full system as soon as 4th gen Ryzen launches. That way there is also some time in which LTT can release some benchmark videos comparing the stock and other iterations of the RTX 3080, as well as some more info about case space, so I can pick a different case perhaps, as well as exact PSU power I need, and I can make an informed decision. Thank you very much!

It's speculation - there's no way to know for sure until the hard data is out.

But that would be my guess.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x