Dual Band WIFI Router for 10K INR

Hi LTTians,

Need suggestion for a Dual Band WIFI Router for 10K INR. I own a 200 Mbps fiber connection, which will give approximate of 190 Mbps down and up, will upgrade the connection for sure, if a better connection comes up for a better price (future proofing).

One desktop over ethernet and one desktop over wifi,three laptops and three phones will be always connected to this router.

Usage is ethernet machine will be used for gaming, zoom/webex streaming and video streaming etc. And rest of the devices will be used for zoom/webex streaming, video streaming and general surfing. Need suggestion for this use case.

My apartment is around 1000 sq/ft.

Please suggest a router for my scenario.

These are the following sites, which I'll use it for buying, please suggest from the same.

Amazon India

Flipkart

The IT Depot

Thanks in advance.

Arsenal of Hardware: Intel i7 6700k Processor | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MB | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16 GB 2400 MHz RAM | nVidia ZOTAC GeFore GTX 750 Ti 2GB (IK, I need to really upgrade this xD) | Phanteks P400S | 1*7500 RPM 2TB HDD WD Black (Have to really add an SSD for boot drive) | Seasonic M12II-850 Watt Bronze PSU | CoolerMaster Hyper 212x CPU Cooler | 24" 1080p BenQ GL2460 Monitor | Circle Gaming Keyboard Adroit X 7CLogitech G402 Gaming Mouse | HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset | Redgear Wireless Gamepad

14 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

why do you want such an expensive router?

that was actually my budget for my gpu when i bought 750 ti 4 and a half year ago

As I said, wanted to buy since have some extra cash in hand and wanted a new router for a very long time, the oem router which my ISP gave is busted and using a entry level rj45 router which is giving a speed of 30 Mbps up and down.

Arsenal of Hardware: Intel i7 6700k Processor | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MB | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16 GB 2400 MHz RAM | nVidia ZOTAC GeFore GTX 750 Ti 2GB (IK, I need to really upgrade this xD) | Phanteks P400S | 1*7500 RPM 2TB HDD WD Black (Have to really add an SSD for boot drive) | Seasonic M12II-850 Watt Bronze PSU | CoolerMaster Hyper 212x CPU Cooler | 24" 1080p BenQ GL2460 Monitor | Circle Gaming Keyboard Adroit X 7CLogitech G402 Gaming Mouse | HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset | Redgear Wireless Gamepad

4 hours ago, Yassassin said:

Hi LTTians,

Need suggestion for a Dual Band WIFI Router for 10K INR. I own a 200 Mbps fiber connection, which will give approximate of 190 Mbps down and up, will upgrade the connection for sure, if a better connection comes up for a better price (future proofing).

One desktop over ethernet and one desktop over wifi,three laptops and three phones will be always connected to this router.

Usage is ethernet machine will be used for gaming, zoom/webex streaming and video streaming etc. And rest of the devices will be used for zoom/webex streaming, video streaming and general surfing. Need suggestion for this use case.

My apartment is around 1000 sq/ft.

Please suggest a router for my scenario.

These are the following sites, which I'll use it for buying, please suggest from the same.

Amazon India

Flipkart

The IT Depot

Thanks in advance.

Does the ISP terminate the Fiber in to an ONT at your home and then from the ONT to Ethernet to a router. OR does the Fiber go directly in to your ISP's supplied box? 

Also, ASUS is the company I seen thrown around a lot around here. I personally have the Synology Rt2600AC, which works very well for my 200/10 service with a 1300sq foot home. The issue is I think it will be out of your price range, from what I seen 10K INR is about $130 ish USD. For that price though you should be able to get something better than decent. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Does the ISP terminate the Fiber in to an ONT at your home and then from the ONT to Ethernet to a router. OR does the Fiber go directly in to your ISP's supplied box? 

Also, ASUS is the company I seen thrown around a lot around here. I personally have the Synology Rt2600AC, which works very well for my 200/10 service with a 1300sq foot home. The issue is I think it will be out of your price range, from what I seen 10K INR is about $130 ish USD. For that price though you should be able to get something better than decent. 

My ISP provides a box which converts OFC to it's proprietary cable which then gets connected to my ISP's proprietary modem, from the modem I'll get my input to my router. These converts is literally placed two feet away from my main machine.

1 minute ago, Yassassin said:

My ISP provides a box which converts OFC to it's proprietary cable which then gets connected to my ISP's proprietary modem, from the modem I'll get my input to my router. These converts is literally placed two feet away from my main machine.

Fiber doesn't have a modem. It uses an Optical Converter. Also I doubt its a proprietary cable, its most likely a Fiber optic cable and there are two standards for ends. If what you call the "Modem" has multiple Ethernet ports and broadcasts WiFi then its a gateway, if it doesn't then that should be be an optical converter. At the very least it gets to Ethernet. 

Every one says ASUS has pretty damn good firmware theses days, even the stock firmware. The Merlin firmware is suppose to be very rock solid from what I have read. I can only recommend the Synology router as its what I have, so I know its rock solid, plus its rated for Gigabit NAT meaning It can actually provide Gigabit internet to my machines if I decide to give Comcast more money (Which I won't). 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Fiber doesn't have a modem. It uses an Optical Converter. Also I doubt its a proprietary cable, its most likely a Fiber optic cable and there are two standards for ends. If what you call the "Modem" has multiple Ethernet ports and broadcasts WiFi then its a gateway, if it doesn't then that should be be an optical converter. At the very least it gets to Ethernet. 

Every one says ASUS has pretty damn good firmware theses days, even the stock firmware. The Merlin firmware is suppose to be very rock solid from what I have read. I can only recommend the Synology router as its what I have, so I know its rock solid, plus its rated for Gigabit NAT meaning It can actually provide Gigabit internet to my machines if I decide to give Comcast more money (Which I won't). 

Ty for the info, Synology router is not available/out of stock, I'll check out the asus routers.

3 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

Ty for the info, Synology router is not available/out of stock, I'll check out the asus routers.

Also I wanted to mention. You stated in your post you're looking for something long term. Right now we are in a transitional period. What does that mean? A New WiFi standard has been released. Right now not that many devices utilize it yet. But give it a year or two and more will. WiFi 6 will offer better performance over all. The issue right now is the routers are expensive (Early Adopters tax). In a year I feel they might be more affordable, plus hopefully by then the whole standard will be released and used. WiFi 6E will offer 6Ghz band. Not sure if that will be available in your corner of the world, as band usage is left up to your government. But at the very least WiFi 6 will offer some benefits, at least when your devices are able to use the new standard. 

So Id also think about that when making a purchase. I wouldn't say buy WiFi 6 now, but in a year or two down the road, it might be tempting. But it also depends on how you use your WiFi and such. I find WiFi 5 works great, even dual band N (WiFi 4) worked great compared to the old Wireless G days.