AMD E1-7010 constantly at 99%

Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
10 minutes ago, ldki said:

Does anyone know why this CPU is throttled when I'm literally on the desktop with no apps running?

Because the AMD E1-7010 CPU is an extremely low powered laptop processor. Some low-end desktops are actually just laptops in a big box.

How to fix? Replace computer.

Howdy all, bit of a longer post here, but I feel context is necessary.

My cousin owns a two year old Acer Aspire AXC230 desktop. An office PC, and the lowest spec machine of the AXC series, its woefully slow. But thats to be expected from a low end PC, you get what you pay for. The PC runs an AMD E1-7010 CPU which after a Google search turned up to be one of the slowest and worst CPU's out there. Considering its for a netbook, I wondered why it was in this desktop in the first place. Anyway, the PC is literally only able to run about 3 Firefox tabs at a time, and is good for spreadsheets, Word editing, etc. Usually, all he does is browse Facebook or eBay.

Recently he got into Civ VI and Stardew Valley, and, whilst Stardew runs fine (pixel graphics bro) Civ was laggy as heck on the integrated graphics. I bought him a GT710 to fix this, and now it runs at about 35-40 FPS, which is fine. However, the CPU on the other hand is a different story. While inspecting task manager (just because it runs low end games ok doesnt mean it stopped freezing!), I noticed the CPU was at 99% constantly, whether on the desktop, typing documents or even playing Civ.

At first I just thought that it was some background tasks or something, but even after checking then it still doesnt make a lot of sense of why the CPU is running this hard all the time. I thought about an upgrade until I looked into it and realised the CPU was soldered onto the motherboard.

Does anyone know why this CPU is throttled when I'm literally on the desktop with no apps running?

Thanks guys!

10 minutes ago, ldki said:

Because the AMD E1-7010 CPU is an extremely low powered laptop processor. Some low-end desktops are actually just laptops in a big box.

How to fix? Replace computer.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

25 minutes ago, ldki said:

Well sorry to break it to you but that CPU is a potato as in you would get better performance by strapping a potato to your motherboard. If you try to play anything more intense than solitaire and minesweeper the CPU will be at 100%.

Solution get a new PC.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD