Intel 10850K vs 10900K

Go to solution Solved by Haro,
10 hours ago, AncientPistol said:

In terms of AMD he is not a fan for some reason,

Well tell him to wait and check what it has to offer and then decide.

also streams and edits videos for youtube so he wants 10 cores for that.

you could use the nvec encoder on the gpu and offload that work to the gpu's encoder, but again to answer your question..

10 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Nope, it's just a lower binned 10900k and that's it.

^.

My friend is upgrading his PC to for the new RTX 3000 GPUs. In my region the 10900K is more than 40% more expensive than 10850K even though the specs are very similar. From what I have read 10850K is just lower binned 10900K that can't reach the advertised boost speeds. So should he go for 10850K or is there any other significant difference? Because otherwise the huge price different makes the choice a no-brainer.

is there any other significant difference?

though if you're waiting for ampere wait for zen 3 as well and check what it has to offer and then decide, also if you're just gaming, a 10600k performs similarly since games do not scale up to 10 cores.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

though if you're waiting for ampere wait for zen 3 as well and check what it has to offer and then decide, also if you're just gaming, a 10600k performs similarly since games do not scale up to 10 cores.

I did suggest 10600K but my friend also streams and edits videos for youtube so he wants 10 cores for that. In terms of AMD he is not a fan for some reason, he's been on Intel platform for almost 15 years and doesn't wanna switch.

In terms of AMD he is not a fan for some reason,

Well tell him to wait and check what it has to offer and then decide.

also streams and edits videos for youtube so he wants 10 cores for that.

you could use the nvec encoder on the gpu and offload that work to the gpu's encoder, but again to answer your question..

10 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

^.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

About 50

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x