Ram keeps failing?

So ive had 32gb of Geil RGB LUCE and it keeps failing? 

The caveat is that there is a lifetime warranty, so this is not an issue.

I run it at the rated 3000mhz with the correct voltages and everything... 

This is the second or Third time i have had to ship it back for replacement, in the course of a year and a half or so .... 

I am more wondering why it keeps failing ? Bad Ram ? The Ram is listed on the compatibility guide for my motherboard.. 

Also on my MSI Carbon Pro x370 there is no option to sync the RGB on the Ram, when it lists my RAM as compatible? 

I figured they would have added something in their software for RGB ram ? 

I am running a 3.8 ghz overclock on Ryzen 7 1700, Ram typically either stayed XMP 2999 mhz (odd) or 3000mhz manually 

1 minute ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

I am running a 3.8 ghz overclock on Ryzen 7 1700

if you're troubleshooting you shouldn't be overclocking , you never overclock if the machine isnt working correctly.

the fact that you burned through 3 sets of ram shows the ram isnt at fault but rather the board , psu , or something you yourself are doing and I wouldnt be surprised if it was related to you either overclocking the cpu or ram or doing something beyond what the board can actually vs what msi say it can.

Just now, emosun said:

if you're troubleshooting you shouldn't be overclocking , you never overclock if the machine isnt working correctly.

the fact that you burned through 3 sets of ram shows the ram isnt at fault but rather the board , psu , or something you yourself are doing and I wouldnt be surprised if it was related to you either overclocking the cpu or ram or doing something beyond what the board can actually vs what msi say it can.

well i am using over clocking as my test to tell if the ram is functioning or not ... basically my issue is that windows is detecting 7.9 out 16gb installed with no overclock and my system will not post with an overclock right now.. when i replace the ram, it overclocks fine and system runs at 3.8 on the cpu and 3000 mhz on the ram no problem... 

3 minutes ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

when i replace the ram, it overclocks fine and system runs at 3.8 on the cpu and 3000 mhz on the ram no problem... 

yeah and then it stops working. so doing the same thing over and over without changing anything is yielding no results.

Don't overclock a cpu when doing diagnostics , and dont return ram 3 times thinking the ram is at fault. diagnose other parts of the machine , the board , the power supply... would be a great place to start.

14 minutes ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

This is the second or Third time i have had to ship it back for replacement, in the course of a year and a half or so .... 

You're doing something wrong, and the thing that comes to mind in these kinds of issues is that you simply bought memory that exceeds the MB/CPU's capability. So when it decides to turn XMP on, poof, fail.

As a point of reference if you buy 4x8 or 2x16, it has to be from the same set to operate in dual channel mode, and it's entirely possible to have memory that simply does-not-work with that motherboard or CPU but works fine on others.

14 minutes ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

I am more wondering why it keeps failing ? Bad Ram ? The Ram is listed on the compatibility guide for my motherboard.. 

Also on my MSI Carbon Pro x370 there is no option to sync the RGB on the Ram, when it lists my RAM as compatible? 

I am running a 3.8 ghz overclock on Ryzen 7 1700, Ram typically either stayed XMP 2999 mhz (odd) or 3000mhz manually 

Have you tried turning the xmp off and letting it run at the JDEC speed?

This is the continuation of one BIIIG failure. There have been many things being blamed at each stage (CPU OC, RAM Sticks, RAM OC, Motherboard, Software), but really the common thing between all the problems is the user who is encountering the issue (i.e. you). I would think this is a clear case of PEBKAC and you should simply get your PC built and tuned by somebody more knowledgeable about PC hardware.

Notice how you every time claim that "everything else runs perfectly", at each step inbetween without resolving the previous "issue", clearly demonstrating the lack of understanding and also willingness to actually identify the problem at hand. 

Inability to stabilize an overclock, not accepting that individual CPUs have different limits (i,e. silicon lottery)

RAM issues reported as an standalone case

Motherboard being blamed for a bad overclock

SLI not working

Hardware devices going missing

Software bugging out

Hardline tubing with soft tube fittings (lol)

On 8/30/2020 at 11:03 PM, Kisai said:

You're doing something wrong, and the thing that comes to mind in these kinds of issues is that you simply bought memory that exceeds the MB/CPU's capability. So when it decides to turn XMP on, poof, fail.

As a point of reference if you buy 4x8 or 2x16, it has to be from the same set to operate in dual channel mode, and it's entirely possible to have memory that simply does-not-work with that motherboard or CPU but works fine on others.

Have you tried turning the xmp off and letting it run at the JDEC speed?

yes, that is not when i have issue, but regardless when there is no overclocking at all it was only showing 7.6gb out of 16gb.. the RAM is rated for 3000Mhz.. I was running it at 3000Mhz... pretty straight forward ... The Voltages were set properly... 

On 8/31/2020 at 2:53 AM, For Science! said:

This is the continuation of one BIIIG failure. There have been many things being blamed at each stage (CPU OC, RAM Sticks, RAM OC, Motherboard, Software), but really the common thing between all the problems is the user who is encountering the issue (i.e. you). I would think this is a clear case of PEBKAC and you should simply get your PC built and tuned by somebody more knowledgeable about PC hardware.

Notice how you every time claim that "everything else runs perfectly", at each step inbetween without resolving the previous "issue", clearly demonstrating the lack of understanding and also willingness to actually identify the problem at hand. 

Inability to stabilize an overclock, not accepting that individual CPUs have different limits (i,e. silicon lottery)

RAM issues reported as an standalone case

Motherboard being blamed for a bad overclock

SLI not working

Hardware devices going missing

Software bugging out

Hardline tubing with soft tube fittings (lol)

#trollingmuch ?

On 8/30/2020 at 7:46 PM, JESUS IS LORD said:

This is super simple.

The Cpu memory controller is good for up to 2667mhz memory frequency.

You have overclocked the memory and as a result having some issues, but this is not memory related, it's cpu related.

If you where running a 3700X opposed to a 1700, the IMC would handle 3200mhz memory frequency.

Your best effort for stability is running at the higher rating of the memory controller, not the memory.

Past 2667mhz is an overclock and results are not guaranteed. 

your saying running the ram at a lower speed than its rated for when i have a perfectly good lifetime warranty to take advantage of for a more stable pc in the in the end ? i did lower it too 2800 mhz the first time ... i had it running at 3.9 ghz with 3000 mhz .. was working and then it wasnt ...