Changed motherboard but front USB port doesn't work correctly.

Hi,

My front panel USB port doesn't work correctly, it detects USB but doesn't work, files doesn't open same goes for WIFI, it detects wifi dongle but wifi doesn't work correctly. What could be the issue? I had Z370-F then i changed to Z390-F it still does this issue, let me know what should i do? Case is H510.

Thanks

41 minutes ago, affanmunir1 said:

Hi,

My front panel USB port doesn't work correctly, it detects USB but doesn't work, files doesn't open same goes for WIFI, it detects wifi dongle but wifi doesn't work correctly. What could be the issue? I had Z370-F then i changed to Z390-F it still does this issue, let me know what should i do? Case is H510.

Thanks

Off hand I’m guessing drivers or bad port connection.  could be different things though depending on situation.

“Doesn’t work” isn’t very clear. Doesn’t work at all or doesn’t work correctly?

it might be useful to know what case is involved if front port USB is an issue.  Also what specific motherboards 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Off hand I’m guessing drivers or bad port connection.  could be different things though depending on situation.

“Doesn’t work” isn’t very clear. Doesn’t work at all or doesn’t work correctly?

it might be useful to know what case is involved if front port USB is an issue.  Also what specific motherboards 

Doesn't work correctly, the windows detects usb but files can't be opened and same goes for wifi, case is NZXT H510. 

3 hours ago, affanmunir1 said:

Hi,

Thanks

Defective usb port happens. unplug and replug to the motherboard. if still defective try another usb port on the board. you can also get a quick look a the usb cable on the inside of the case on the port end, if the cable is too bent it cause damage (happend to me). i pushed my front top fan up too much and damaged the usb cable by bending it

2 minutes ago, chen57 said:

Defective usb port happens. unplug and replug to the motherboard. if still defective try another usb port on the board. you can also get a quick look a the usb cable on the inside of the case on the port end, if the cable is too bent it cause damage (happend to me). i pushed my front top fan up too much and damaged the usb cable by bending it

Case is almost new, i don't find out if that could be the issue and H510 has only 1 USB type A port and 1 Type C port, haven't tested type C but A port is not working fine.

Uninstall the old chipset drivers and install the new ones.

For future reference, you're much more likely to receive help if you list out all of your specs, describe your issue in detail and list all of your troubleshooting steps and results. No one is here to solve riddles.

I have 

Specs: 
Z390-F Strix motherboard

i5-8600K

TridentZ 8gb x2 RGB ram

NZXT H510 case

H510 has only two ports USB Type C and USB Type A, when i plug USB Type A, the windows does recognize usb was plugged in but files are not accessible and doesn't work properly, if i put in wifi dongle also there , wifi is connected but internet never works, i had Z370-F also it had same issues with that. What could be the issue? Hardware or software?

Still waiting to find out the results of what @badreg was talking about.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Still waiting to find out the results of what @badreg was talking about.
Apolgoies?