Different Hz triple monitor

lior1111
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

I use 165Hz with 2x60Hz and have no issues 

Hello, wanted to know, if i have a 144hz monitor and i want to connect two 75hz from each side to create a triple setup, will i run into any issues? Or will i be able to just run triple 75hz in certain games like simulators or daily tasks, and then only use my 144hz monitor for like a csgo game while using the other monitors for youtube amd such at 75hz?

Thank you! 

It should run perfectly fine,i used to have  2x60 hz and one of 144hz.Though i disabled DSR from Nvidia control panel(because sometimes my refresh rates kept changing without my input).

if you wanna game on all 3 as 1 display (surround), it'll run at the lowest Hz and resolution available

but it should work

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

27 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I use 165Hz with 2x60Hz and have no issues 

Thank you for the reassurance! 

25 minutes ago, Poque said:

It should run perfectly fine,i used to have  2x60 hz and one of 144hz.Though i disabled DSR from Nvidia control panel(because sometimes my refresh rates kept changing without my input).

Oh i see, thanks alot!! 

16 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if you wanna game on all 3 as 1 display (surround), it'll run at the lowest Hz and resolution available

but it should work

Yeah im completely ready for that, i just wanted to know if ill still be able to play 144hz csgo, ow games. Thank you guys so much 😊

1 minute ago, lior1111 said:

Yeah im completely ready for that, i just wanted to know if ill still be able to play 144hz csgo, ow games. Thank you guys so much 😊

if you plan to switch between 1 and 3 monitor gaming often, you'll need to open nvidia control panel and switch between them everytime you game afaik

40 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if you plan to switch between 1 and 3 monitor gaming often, you'll need to open nvidia control panel and switch between them everytime you game afaik

How do i do that exactly? 

How do i do that exactly? 

8 hours ago, Moonzy said:

thanks man! i am probably gonna get 2 IPS panels to combine into triple with my benq TN , it is a very high quality TN panel , and as im sure i will see color differences i think i got hold of a good deal :) do you think getting IPS mixed with TN will be decent? or like a big NO NO?

thanks man! i am probably gonna get 2 IPS panels to combine into triple with my benq TN , it is a very high quality TN panel , and as im sure i will see color differences i think i got hold of a good deal :) do you think getting IPS mixed with TN will be decent? or like a big NO NO?

a good TN panel can be good, as long as you stare straight at it

though the color difference between panels may be jarring

it's recommended to use 3 of the same panels anyways

ever considered ultrawide? no bezel, no hassle setting it up

Just now, Moonzy said:

i have considered , for a bit , but i currently own a very nice 144hz monitor that i dont want to go to waste and while ultrawide is nice , it is not going to "wrap" me around with 180 degree angle , which is just what i need for simracing. damn ,  IPS gonna be that bad huh

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

also , one more question, every monitor in the world should be possible to be put on a monitor stand right?

5 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

i have considered , for a bit , but i currently own a very nice 144hz monitor that i dont want to go to waste and while ultrawide is nice , it is not going to "wrap" me around with 180 degree angle , which is just what i need for simracing. damn ,  IPS gonna be that bad huh

you could sell that 144Hz, or use it as secondary (a bit of a waste but eh)

there are 32:9 ultrawides, not just 21:9

pretty rare, though

IPS is not bad, but i own 2 IPS panels of different models and side by side, the color difference is really jarring and no amount of tweaking can get them to look exactly the same color temp, one is always warmer, my old TN was the same with my IPS panel

2 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

also , one more question, every monitor in the world should be possible to be put on a monitor stand right?

the default stand yes

if you wanna use custom stands, look for monitor with VESA mount, not all monitor has it

and there are different sizes of VESA mount so take note of your arm's and the monitor's

12 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you could sell that 144Hz, or use it as secondary (a bit of a waste but eh)

there are 32:9 ultrawides, not just 21:9

pretty rare, though

IPS is not bad, but i own 2 IPS panels of different models and side by side, the color difference is really jarring and no amount of tweaking can get them to look exactly the same color temp, one is always warmer, my old TN was the same with my IPS panel

the default stand yes

if you wanna use custom stands, look for monitor with VESA mount, not all monitor has it

and there are different sizes of VESA mount so take note of your arm's and the monitor's

Ok, so i took everything you said to heart and built a future proof plan, getting these ips panels will be nice, as i get an 144hz ips in the future for the main monitor. I understand that different models will still have color differences, but im getting those two ips monitors for a very nice price. I just want to experience a triple monitor sim racing setup haha, it is miles better than a single one for immersion and competition. Plus if my future main monitor will be a similar lg color it will also be nice. Thank you very much man