What is your pinion on cyanogenmod? and some questions.

Sponser88
Go to solution Solved by TheDigitalRealm,

OK so i am gettign the lg g2 and i just wanted to know what it means on the DL page whe  it says its nightly but like the s3 has a stable version?

I would use the CM installer, as it will download the Stable version of Cyanogenmod for your device. Well, it did for my N5 anyway. I would definitely recommend CyanogenMod for the LG G2. It's an awesome piece of hardware, but LG's android skin is bloated and unnecessary. 

What are you guys thinking about cyanogenmod. is it worth it,is it easy to install...etc.

My question to you all is;if i dont like cyanogenmod how difficult is it to move back to my old luacher being LGs skin on android?

its really really good for older devices. I just downloaded/installed 4.4.2 on my S4 so i hope that'll give it its speed back :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Depends on what LG phone you have and if you dislike the UI they use over top of Android. Cyanogen mod is pointless if the software on your phone is pretty much stock unless you really love customizing everything. I've tried rooting a few times prior to 4.4 but I no longer have the desire to tinker with my phone since all of the software features I could want are there. The most I might mess with at this point are lock rings and boot animations but no new kernels or ROMs.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

installing cyanogenmod is easy nothing hard at that side

getting used to the UI might take a while but once you get used to it, you wont switch back

my biggest reason to install cyanogenmod is the battery life improvement stock samsung rom performs really well but battery lasts like 18 hours maximum but on cm10.2 and cm11 it lasts like 2+ days and it performs much much better on games and i get a lot more free ram space to multi task.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

getting used to the UI might take a while but once you get used to it, you wont switch back

my biggest reason to install cyanogenmod is the battery life improvement stock samsung rom performs really well but battery lasts like 18 hours maximum but on cm10.2 and cm11 it lasts like 2+ days and it performs much much better on games and i get a lot more free ram space to multi task.

I use a custom ROM based on touchwiz and my battery life is real good and the device is snappy and all that.

I don't like stock android :P

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

OK so i am gettign the lg g2 and i just wanted to know what it means on the DL page whe  it says its nightly but like the s3 has a stable version?

nightlies can be stable or very unstable that really requires for you to test it out

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I would use the CM installer, as it will download the Stable version of Cyanogenmod for your device. Well, it did for my N5 anyway. I would definitely recommend CyanogenMod for the LG G2. It's an awesome piece of hardware, but LG's android skin is bloated and unnecessary. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I don't personally like cyanogen because I think it's far too simple but if that's what you want then sure, it will do what it advertises, optimize and speed up your phone.

Cyanogen is great for what it advertises. It also sparked the developer community for Android so strongly (it's the base (or has been cherrypicked from) for nearly every ROM out  there, at this point.)  ParanoidAndroid is also excellent.

I don't personally like cyanogen because I think it's far too simple but if that's what you want then sure, it will do what it advertises, optimize and speed up your phone.

Cyanogen is great for what it advertises. It also sparked the developer community for Android so strongly (it's the base (or has been cherrypicked from) for nearly every ROM out  there, at this point.)  ParanoidAndroid is also excellent.