MSI CORELIQUID 240MM

Hey guys,

Is the MSI coreliquid aio cooler is good. because i am not able to find any review that gives me a clear cut picture of it. 

And is that on overkill for an i5 9600KF with an RTX 2070.

my motherboard is msi z390 a pro, it doesn't support argb only rgb, but i want to know whether i would be able to sync the mystic lights in my aio cooler.

thanks in advance

Why not get a decent air cooler? Cheaper and lasts longer for the same performance. A sycthe mugen 5 is more than enough for your cpu.

41 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why not get a decent air cooler? Cheaper and lasts longer for the same performance. A sycthe mugen 5 is more than enough for your cpu.

right now i am using antec c400 elite. as for your aforementioned cooler only the AMD version is available in my area. with an air cooler i was getting around 75+ 'C when i start to play warzone with no lock to the FPS limit. if i enable the nvidia g sync to lock at 60fps. the temp stays between 70-75. But if i exceed more than an hour the temps goes 75+ when the frame is locked in 60fps. i usually lock the fps to 60, when ever i am playing First preson shooters or any single player games. i worry when i play the multiplayer games, mostly i play csgo, rainbow 6 and warzone. 

21 minutes ago, sam_streetracer said:

right now i am using antec c400 elite. as for your aforementioned cooler only the AMD version is available in my area. with an air cooler i was getting around 75+ 'C when i start to play warzone with no lock to the FPS limit. if i enable the nvidia g sync to lock at 60fps. the temp stays between 70-75. But if i exceed more than an hour the temps goes 75+ when the frame is locked in 60fps. i usually lock the fps to 60, when ever i am playing First preson shooters or any single player games. i worry when i play the multiplayer games, mostly i play csgo, rainbow 6 and warzone. 

As long as you stay under 100c the cpu does not care what so ever. So your temps are totally fine. A liquid cooler is not automatically better than a air cooler. In the end an aio is just an air cooler too but instead of copper heatpipes to transfer the heat to the fins it uses tubes filled with water. The mugen 5 for example performs as good as almost any 240MM aio but at usually half the price. The mugen also doesn't have a special amd version? If that is in the title it just means it's the updated version that also supports the am4 socket but of course it still has all the old intel mounting hardware that you need.

Aside from a few small air coolers, like the Noctua L9a AM4. There is almost no such thing as AMD only air cooler.

41 minutes ago, Deli said:

Aside from a few small air coolers, like the Noctua L9a AM4. There is almost no such thing as AMD only air cooler.

i looked my in the amazon and the header said like AM4 support like that. i wasnt able to find the specification like it supports the intel 9th gen chipsets. guess i saw the header and overlooked the component as AMD only

https://www.amazon.in/Mugen-Rev-CPU-Cooler-Support/dp/B06ZYB8K77/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mugen+5&qid=1598197116&sr=8-1

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

As long as you stay under 100c the cpu does not care what so ever. So your temps are totally fine. A liquid cooler is not automatically better than a air cooler. In the end an aio is just an air cooler too but instead of copper heatpipes to transfer the heat to the fins it uses tubes filled with water. The mugen 5 for example performs as good as almost any 240MM aio but at usually half the price. The mugen also doesn't have a special amd version? If that is in the title it just means it's the updated version that also supports the am4 socket but of course it still has all the old intel mounting hardware that you need.

hey jaslion,

yeah even i felt the same at the beginning so i did not worry about the temp unless it goes 90'c. the ambient temp in my room is usually 30-35'c so if the system is in idle mode is always around 38-42'c on average, which i didn't worry because it means the air cooler is working and keeping the temps as low as possible. when i switch to the gaming heavy load like red dead redemption or recent pc version of horizon, i run the NVidia GeForce and optimize the setting as per its suggestions, i always get around high setting or ultra in most of the games, the GPU under those setting even if i play like 4-5 hours the GPU temps was an average of 65-70'c. but when the CPU is reaching 80+ temps i am seeing there is an 50-55% load in the CPU and the game starts to lag a bit, so i am kind of confused to this that whether the heat is the issue or the CPU is a bottle neck in this case

6 minutes ago, sam_streetracer said:

i looked my in the amazon and the header said like AM4 support like that. i wasnt able to find the specification like it supports the intel 9th gen chipsets. guess i saw the header and overlooked the component as AMD only

https://www.amazon.in/Mugen-Rev-CPU-Cooler-Support/dp/B06ZYB8K77/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mugen+5&qid=1598197116&sr=8-1

Before Zen+, Intel was 95% of the CPU market. It will be crazy for any air cooler not supporting Intel 115x and 1200 socket(the mounting is identical).