System Service Exception - BSOD. URGENT.

Quinquangular

I don't get any dmp files.

The PC doesn't automatically restart when the BSOD is at 100%.

kc04.png

My specs:
i7 4770k, overclocked to 4.2ghz

32GB of Corsair Vengeace RAM

Asus Sabertooth Z87

1000W EVGA PSU

2TB Western Digital Green Hard Drive

128GB Samsung 840 SSD

246GB Crucial M4 SSD

2 GTX 770s in SLI.

Please help.

I run Virtual machines all the time and my PC crashes like this.. I can't have it do that.

Please tell me what to do to troubleshoot, this is all I can show for my issue.

I would do a Complete driver re-install, if that dosent work then re-install windows , and worse case scenario is that it is hardware and not soft ware :D

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

if you can boot in safe mode then do that and save everything you want to a flash drive then re install windows, also you might want to put your cpu back at stock speeds it will just make a bot ,ore stable

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

There should be dump files somewhere but there not humanly readable.

Once you find them use Nirsoft Dump Viewer to narrow down what device drivers crashed this will help to identity what going wrong.

I would also remove non critical hardware like them GPU's storage Drives ALL usb devices except keyboard and mouse even all but one ram stick.

Then once stable start adding ONE part at a time until it reoccurs.

Also can you reproduce the failure in a Live CD environment?

Have you attempted to reinstall windows or system restore to a point before the failure?

You mention you use Virtual Machines these can do funky thing to your network card configurations and add DLL's that hook GPU/Sound and Human Interface devices.

You need to strip back both the hardware and software to isolate the cause.

There should be dump files somewhere but there not humanly readable.

Once you find them use Nirsoft Dump Viewer to narrow down what device drivers crashed this will help to identity what going wrong.

I would also remove non critical hardware like them GPU's storage Drives ALL usb devices except keyboard and mouse even all but one ram stick.

Then once stable start adding ONE part at a time until it reoccurs.

Also can you reproduce the failure in a Live CD environment?

Have you attempted to reinstall windows or system restore to a point before the failure?

You mention you use Virtual Machines these can do funky thing to your network card configurations and add DLL's that hook GPU/Sound and Human Interface devices.

You need to strip back both the hardware and software to isolate the cause.

I have no idea where to find it then?

:/

RAM isn't the issue, CPU overclocking and such isn't, GPUS are fine.

Is it possibly it's my HDD dying? I had it less than a year, brand new, and it hasnt made any clicking noise so, I have no idea.

I'll try to repair VMWare/reinstall.

I can run the system stablely but it happens like every morning I wake up to check my PC it blue screen'd when I left the virtual machines running.

ANd no, I don't have any system restore dates to go back to.

It's all VMWare. I never have any BSOD in Windows (safe mode or not) without it.I

Really weird because I haven't had BSOD for VMWare before. Maybe I'll use the older version, 10 instead of 10.0.1

I have no idea where to find it then?

:/

Is it possibly it's my HDD dying? I had it less than a year, brand new, and it hasnt made any clicking noise so, I have no idea.

I'll try to repair VMWare/reinstall.

I can run the system stablely but it happens like every morning I wake up to check my PC it blue screen'd when I left the virtual machines running.

ANd no, I don't have any system restore dates to go back to.

Dump files are usually located under "%SystemRoot%\Minidump". Pate that directory in File Explorer and you should see some dmp files. You can copy these to your desktop, zip them, and then post them here. I can narrow the cause of the BSODs using the Windows Debugging tools.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I have seen a variety of strange things in computer, just because it "Appears" fine does not mean it not cause an issue with something else.

BSOD are almost always hardware related remove something and test.

Repeat until problem is found. It may not be any one component faulty but a miss configuration or confilt.

Until you have isolated EVERY component your not going have any luck, stabbing in the dark with BSOD is not useful.

I have seen a variety of strange things in computer, just because it "Appears" fine does not mean it not cause an issue with something else.

BSOD are almost always hardware related remove something and test.

Repeat until problem is found. It may not be any one component faulty but a miss configuration or confilt.

Until you have isolated EVERY component your not going have any luck, stabbing in the dark with BSOD is not useful.

Well, I fixed it somehow.

I did turn off overclocking my RAM but I tested memtestx86 and they are all fine, ran multiple tests.

I just uninstalled VMWare 10.0.1, deleted old settings and reinstalled 10.0.0, which was the one I used that worked without BSODs.

I'll go back to overclocking my CPU and RAM and see if it was that, but for now no BSOD for 2-3 days straight.

I'll probably just set all cores to 4.2 or 4.1 ghz (my CPU must've been pretty bad, can't OC above 4.2 'stabley') and set the voltage to adaptive.

And it's easy to OC RAM ofc, just set it to XMP and the profile is already set for my RAM.

And before I even ran VMs, I had my CPU OC'd and my RAM and my 2 GPUs, all was fine and stable running a while.

I think it is just VMWare having issues with the drivers. VMWare installs a lot of drivers.

Dump files are usually located under "%SystemRoot%\Minidump". Pate that directory in File Explorer and you should see some dmp files. You can copy these to your desktop, zip them, and then post them here. I can narrow the cause of the BSODs using the Windows Debugging tools.

And no, it's not there.

Like I said, I can't find any .dmp files anywhere at all, that image was the only thing I can find relating to my BSOD in Windows.

One other thing to note is i7 4770k doesnt have VT-D and really doesn't support virtualization in a real environment.

One other thing to note is i7 4770k doesnt have VT-D and really doesn't support virtualization in a real environment.

VT-x is about all that is needed. I doubt the OP wants to pass PCIe through the client or any other device that is DMA.

Also at the OP, please make the thread as solved.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.