Did Android became Bloat / Garbage?

BotDamian

Hi everyone, I'm using Android since forever.

So, I remember the HTC Wildfire and I loved it, it was fast and I just liked to use that tiny thing.

I had many phones and now I'm owning a Samsung S10, my issue with Android isn't all the bloat added by companies like Samsung, it's the way Android works.

I'm writing this because maybe I'm just making stuff up and something is wrong with me, I want to hear someone else opinion on my thoughts.

Here a list of things that just annoy me, everything adds up into an annoying OS.

1. We start with unlocking the screen, If you pick it up, the screen turns on and shows you the time right? But sometimes not, sometimes you pick it up and it's still black, wait 1-2 seconds and then need to unlock it yourself, BUT it also happens that the screen turns on while clicking the unlock button that will lock it back again and if in hurry it gets annoying, i'm always in hurry tho. Also let me add, since when humanity became so dumb that they are unable to unlock their phone by clicking the god damn BUTTON!

2. All the weird widgets, WHY? WHYYYYYYYY? A special list for all the dumb widgets:

2.1 When you haven't unlocked the screen you can open a stupid wallpaper widget for some reason. You slide to the left and it opens some useless stuff, like it f.. matters. (Dynamic Lockscreen) or something, yes u can turn it off.

2.2 Now you can slide out widgets from the left and right side of the screen, not like swipe the page/desktop, no like a small panel with icons on the sides, so when you want to change the desktop, yay, that damn panel opens in either side.

2.3 Bixby + Bixby Button

3. Settings, I can't find anything, simple as that. It reminds me of Windows10 and the new control panel. I don't know how to setup anything in my phone, even clicking on everything and searching for hours. I simply can't turn off the display FOREVER and only UNLOCK/turn on the display when the damn unlock button is clicked, see (1) on the list.

4. Apps are also becoming more annoying where you can swipe in all directions and new sht shows, widgets, cameras, filters like WTF

Simply, can we get ArchLinux on a phone? Thanks. Feel better now.

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

Not sure mate, I've personally being using motorola phones for the last few years now as their OS is basically stock android. Samsung does seem to be bloating their os these day's, my galaxy tab is kind of like that. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1. no idea what you're talking about

2. none of the phones I've ever owned have come with more than a clock widget on a fresh install

2,1 no idea what you're talking about

2,2 also no idea

2,3 only on samsung phones

3. it's not hard, and you can always use the search function

4. it's the app's fault not android's lol

8 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Simply, can we get ArchLinux on a phone? Thanks. Feel better now.

Arch ARM is very limited (I run it in a chroot on my phone and I can't even run Discord) and I can't think of a single DE that would be good on a touchscreen only.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

These issues can be easily fixed, it's mostly Samsungs UI not android itself.

First of all, if you don't like raise to wake you can disable it from the settings very easily so it doesn't wake up the phone when you pick it up.

6 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

(Dynamic Lockscreen) or something, yes u can turn it off.

Then why are you complaining about it, just disable it and move on.

Now you can slide out widgets from the left and right side of the screen, not like swipe the page/desktop, no like a small panel with icons on the sides, so when you want to change the desktop, yay, that damn panel opens in either side.

That feature I believe is called edge panel, and can be disabled from the settings easily.

Bixby + Bixby Button

Samsung allows for bixby to be disabled, and the button can be disabled as well or assigned for a different actions.

9 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Apps are also becoming more annoying where you can swipe in all directions and new sht shows, widgets, cameras, filters like WTF

Not an android issue, it's making the UI more intuitive, so you can easily access those features.

10 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

3. Settings, I can't find anything, simple as that. It reminds me of Windows10 and the new control panel. I don't know how to setup anything in my phone, even clicking on everything and searching for hours. I simply can't turn off the display FOREVER and only UNLOCK/turn on the display when the damn unlock button is clicked, see (1) on the list.

Use the search functions in the settings. It's not difficult and it takes like 4 seconds.

3 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Samsung S10

First problem right there. And only cause of 90% of the problems you described.

One UI (and all the other 'flavors' of Android) is garbage. The only manufactures that do a decent job are OP, Lenovo/Motorola and maybe Sony.

4. Apps are also becoming more annoying where you can swipe in all directions and new sht shows, widgets, cameras, filters like WTF

Literally not an Android problem. You can find the same inconsistency on iOS, where in some apps the back gesture is a swipe and in others you have to click the back arrow/X

11 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Simply, can we get ArchLinux on a phone?

Yes, check Purism and Pinephone

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15