Dual Monitor Problem

rekolala

Hello, recently I bought a new ACER VG240YP monitor. It works well, but when I try to connect my second monitor through display port to hdmi cable the first screen goes blank and the second has no signal. I tried to change cables / outputs and it still doesn't work. Would be glad if someone helped.

try checking your windows settings, or your monitor settings.

make sure that if a hdmi is inserted into the monitor, that your monitor is looking for an HDMI output, vise versa.

your windows screen settings might have it set up as to only show something on one monitor. 

go to settings > system > screens > scroll down and find the category called More screens.

then make sure that it's set to Expand screen.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

51 minutes ago, flashiling said:

try checking your windows settings, or your monitor settings.

make sure that if a hdmi is inserted into the monitor, that your monitor is looking for an HDMI output, vise versa.

your windows screen settings might have it set up as to only show something on one monitor. 

go to settings > system > screens > scroll down and find the category called More screens.

then make sure that it's set to Expand screen.

Tried everything and both still go "off signal" when second one connected.

and you're sure that you have selected the right input cable on the monitor settings (by pressing the monitor buttons)

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

It was a cable issue, it is now fixed as I bought a new cable. Thread can be closed