Do ii need a line conditioner?

Need_Not
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, Need_Not said:

I have a UPS + surge protector that I've used for over a year and the powers been out quite a few times which I've been able to turn my pc off because of my UPS which is nice although today I learned about line conditioners and after I've searched on the internet I hear some saying you need it and others saying your UPS already does it so I'm confused I just don't want my pc to break if something happens 

For line conditioners it's not really necessary if you have a UPS since any decent unit will have a built in AVR to adapt to changes in line voltage and if the main supply coming in gets too noisy or poor quality it will directly just switch to battery until power quality improves. Only time it's really beneficial is if line quality is extremely poor which should warrant further investigation as to why. 

I have a UPS + surge protector that I've used for over a year and the powers been out quite a few times which I've been able to turn my pc off because of my UPS which is nice although today I learned about line conditioners and after I've searched on the internet I hear some saying you need it and others saying your UPS already does it so I'm confused I just don't want my pc to break if something happens 

Just some random guy who has a gaming computer to play on his Minecraft server

1 minute ago, Need_Not said:

For line conditioners it's not really necessary if you have a UPS since any decent unit will have a built in AVR to adapt to changes in line voltage and if the main supply coming in gets too noisy or poor quality it will directly just switch to battery until power quality improves. Only time it's really beneficial is if line quality is extremely poor which should warrant further investigation as to why. 

59 minutes ago, Need_Not said:

A UPS is a line conditioner with a battery