5700XT or 5600XT

yMaths

Hello everyone,

I am building a new pc for gaming 1080p , 144Hz , non ultra . And I need to cut some money of the difference between 5700XT and 5600XT is 100€ . 

Which one should I choose ?

What's the rest of your spec like?

I wouldn't cut GPU down unless other parts are already at bare minimum

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, yMaths said:

Hello everyone,

I am building a new pc for gaming 1080p , 144Hz , non ultra . And I need to cut some money of the difference between 5700XT and 5600XT is 100€ . 

Which one should I choose ?

5600XT should be more than sufficient for 1080p at 144fps. I run mine at WQHD (3440x1440p) on Ultra, and get around 60fps in everything. Pushing less than half the pixels, you should be able to easily hit 144fps, even without dropping the quality.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

For high FPS you'd want a good CPU.

Maybe take the extra and put it into a 3600X.

Just now, Darpyface said:

For high FPS you'd want a good CPU.

Maybe take the extra and put it into a 3600X.

Is it really that different ? 

2 minutes ago, yMaths said:

I only need pc for gaming btw ,

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yQXc8M

i would use stock cooler, it works for a tight budget

as for if the 5700XT is worth it, maybe go have a look at benchmarks for the 5600XT, see if it hits 144fps for games you play

or maybe consider the 5700 non XT?

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i would use stock cooler, it works for a tight budget

as for if the 5700XT is worth it, maybe go have a look at benchmarks for the 5600XT, see if it hits 144fps for games you play

or maybe consider the 5700 non XT?

I just placed 5600XT as an option because I really like the Saphire Pulse GPU , for the games I play the 5600XT seems fine , but it doesnt reach 144 fps consistent and I wanted to use 144Hz monitor , is it worth then ?

6 minutes ago, yMaths said:

I just placed 5600XT as an option because I really like the Saphire Pulse GPU , for the games I play the 5600XT seems fine , but it doesnt reach 144 fps consistent and I wanted to use 144Hz monitor , is it worth then ?

If buying the 5700xt means starving, then it's probably not worth it

Depends if you can comfortably afford it

I would personally get a better card as much as I could comfortably afford at the time

Whether it's worth the extra is up to you, but the overall fps per dollar for the 5700xt configuration will probably be higher

20 minutes ago, yMaths said:

What games are you playing?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Just now, Chris Pratt said:

What games are you playing?

COD Warzone , Fortnite , but I am aiming for future games with higher graphics

Yeah, I see no reason you couldn't hit 144fps+ in those at 1080p with 5600XT. It might just be barely, though - not sure. I actually have the Sapphire PULSE you're looking at, but I don't play those. Like I said, though, I'm getting 60fps in AAA games at WQHD, so I can't see how something like Fortnite wouldn't run infinitely better. Still, for safety, maybe you should pick up a 5700XT.

That said, you might want to just wait as well. New AMD cards are inbound, and you might be able to hit your target with those, at a more mid range level card. If rumors are to be believed, they've made a drastic leap in performance.

5 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Yeah, I see no reason you couldn't hit 144fps+ in those at 1080p with 5600XT. It might just be barely, though - not sure. I actually have the Sapphire PULSE you're looking at, but I don't play those. Like I said, though, I'm getting 60fps in AAA games at WQHD, so I can't see how something like Fortnite wouldn't run infinitely better. Still, for safety, maybe you should pick up a 5700XT.

That said, you might want to just wait as well. New AMD cards are inbound, and you might be able to hit your target with those, at a more mid range level card. If rumors are to be believed, they've made a drastic leap in performance.

Wait , new amds cards are worth ? I thought those would be high tier and expensive . I was waiting to get 5700Xt cheaper because the prices might drop down with news cards.

Can you explain me briefly about the new amds cards ?

Edit : Is there any problem in buying micro atx instead of atx , I dont need more ram space and dont care about size , I just want cheaper

Well, no one knows, for sure, but RDNA2 is rumored to beat a 2080 Ti by 30%. That would be the top end card, though, but mid range cards should see a sizeable bump as well, if that's true.

It's highly unlikely that current gen cards will see a price drop, at least for a while. Most are already selling at a discount off their launch prices at this point, so new cards can slot in at a higher price point without putting downward pressure on current gen prices. My point was that given the rumored bump in performance, the RDNA2 equivalent of a 5600XT, may actually end up being better than a current 5700XT. Again, though, so much grains of salt here. We just don't know, for sure, but in general, it's a really bad time to be buying a new graphics card. There might even be something in the Nvidia lineup that would be better suited for you.

If you just want to buy now, I really think a 5600XT would be good enough, or get the 5700XT, and you should have no worries. If I was you, though, I'd wait a month or two, just so you have all your options in front of you before making the decision.

mATX is actually generally a little more expensive, or at best comparable to ATX form factor for mobos. There's no issue in getty an mATX board, but I don't think you're going to save any real money doing so.